Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

8 years that I play ETS2 and I am starting to get fed up! (Too many bugs, slowness ..)

Brickokermis

8 years that I play ETS2 and I am starting to get fed up! (Too many bugs, slowness ..)

#1 Post by Brickokermis » 23 Feb 2021 15:35

As said in the title, I'm more than fed up with ETS 2 over time the game has only regressed!
SCS are kind enough to add graphics to all of this, but we should give this a look at the real game issues.
Because to release DLC at 20 € there are people, but to solve the problem there is no one!

Already we will have to start by explaining to us how with recent hardware product ETS2 is not able to be executed in good conditions at 60fps? That beats me.

Because Mr, lady I can guarantee you that I have seen GPUs, from the GTX670, 770, 960, 1080 until now RTX 3080, ETS 2 is not even able to operate in 4K at 60 FPS !
Is during all these years the games have NEVER taken fully the resource which was available to it namely the raw power of the GPU.

Now let's focus, I have an EVGA RTX 3080, I also have a 4K 60Hz monitor.
How come an RTX 3080 cannot offer 60Fps to a game like ETS2? Because let's be clear, it's not a game that moves the crowds, it's not a AAA game

on ETS2, I am between 55 and 45 fps, you would tell me that 55 is almost 60, yes certainly, except that the 55fps are perceived as 40fps, Lots of latency, too, micro lag from 1 to 2seconds, and unexplainable sudden FPS drops.
I am seriously fed up with ETS2, the community is fantastic, but the developers are pissing us off, they do not take care of all the problems that players have been reporting for years, and which have worsened for 2 years.

When I deactivate the vsync I am at 75 Fps, and for no reason I drop to 48fps .. almost 30 fps drops in 1seconds! There is only on ETS 2 that I have this problem!

I have tested on other games that I have in my library,
Call of Duty BlackOps COLD WAR, I am at 60 fps constant in 4K without micro lag, without bug and in addition with the RTX in HIGH! If I turn off v-Sync I'm at 90Fps, with some loss of 2/3 FPS
DiRT Rally 2.0, I am at 60 fps constant in 4K same without lag or bug. and also if I deactivate the v-Sync I am at 127 fps with some 5 to 8 FPS of drop from time to time
I could give you the list of the 10 other games that I own, I have no bug or lag representative of ETS 2. So SCS really needs to listen to us a bit more, we players.

Second problems also which are linked to the problems mentioned just above. We will have to explain to us why in cabin view we have 10 to 15, even 20 Fps less than in 3rd person view. One could criticize a lot of things for a person with a small graphics card not very powerful, but for me who with an RTX 3080, it is not possible to lay the fault on the weak power of the card. So the problem is where? The game ? developers? too old, obsolete game renderer?

Of course, I spent almost half of my time playing the game 4/5 years ago, even with not super pretty graphics, not exceptional hardware power, but I was having a good time, now in 2020, and in 2021 with cards like an RTX 3080 we can even have more fun as good as before, when the power is there. SCS SOFTWARE WAKE UP!

*Some terms may not be authentic, or poorly translated, I do not speak English fluently*

plykkegaard

Re: 8 years that I play ETS2 and I am starting to get fed up! (Too many bugs, slowness ..)

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Feb 2021 16:22

What's your single core clock speed? This might explain some
I have the game running okish in 4K on a 1080TI and an old Intel i5, 8Gb mem and a couple of Samsung 860 SSD for windows and games
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Brickokermis

Re: 8 years that I play ETS2 and I am starting to get fed up! (Too many bugs, slowness ..)

#3 Post by Brickokermis » 23 Feb 2021 16:51

I have a Ryzen AMD 2700X that I have OC at 4.1Ghz, but either way when playing in 4K, the processor doesn't make much difference. You don't have to have the latest CPU while playing in 4K, since at this resolution it's the GPU that does all the work, unlike 1080p and 1440p.

My windows and healthy, I reinstall all cleanly as I do every 2 years, with a bootable key and my license.

I have 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, a 1TB NVME 3.0 SSD.

This is a problem that only comes from SCS, not from my Windows or my pc config
And I prefer to warn before, the problems are present on the base map "vanilla", also of ProMod or Grand Utopia, with or without mod nothing changes.

mackintosh

#4 Post by mackintosh » 23 Feb 2021 16:58

ETS2 is mostly a single threaded affair and that 2700X is holding you back. In single threaded applications the 2700X is somewhere around the performance of an i7-4790K. That said, it still shouldn't hold you back that much in this game. Are you modded up to your nostrils? Because if you can't get 60fps at 4K on a 3080 then something is off.

Brickokermis

#5 Post by Brickokermis » 23 Feb 2021 17:36

I can't let you say that the 2700X has the power of an Intel 4790K, that is absolutely not true. Even on the use of a single thread. Last November, I got to try a friend's AMD RYZEN 9 3900XT, and even with my 3080, I had no more or less performance.

4K at 60Hz I hit them on lots of other games, but not on ETS2

plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Feb 2021 17:42

Brickokermis wrote:
23 Feb 2021 17:36
I can't let you say that the 2700X has the power of an Intel 4790K, that is absolutely not true.
Believe it or not but it is true if you look at single core performance, obvious the 2700X has the best overall performance due to its 8 cores
Last edited by plykkegaard on 23 Feb 2021 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

mackintosh

#7 Post by mackintosh » 23 Feb 2021 18:10

Benchmarks don't lie. I suppose you're right though, maybe putting it on par with a Haswell CPU is a stretch, but it's It's certainly not above Skylake. In terms of real world performance, however, it'll perform on par with both of these chips. It's a good CPU, but it's definitely bottlenecking that 3080 in this particular game.

That said, even with a bottlenecked 3080 you still should be getting 60fps @ 4K, so something else is at play here.

skyy-v8

#8 Post by skyy-v8 » 23 Feb 2021 20:55

Go for 10850k or even wait for new 11900k and you will have no problems anymore. Singlecore power is everything that count in that game.

Brickokermis

#9 Post by Brickokermis » 23 Feb 2021 22:40

I do not understand people who put everything on the processor. When playing in 4K it is absolutely useless to have the last generation processor! On the contrary, rather save your money that you will put in a processor to put them in a more high-end GPU. A good, or rather a latest generation processor will only be valid for playing them in 1080p and 1440p. (a lot of testing and information explains why on the internet).

I even indicated above that I had tried a friend's 3900XT, I indicated that it did not change anything in games since I am on a 4K resolution. I had tried the 3900XT not for gaming, but for my activity alongside video games, photo and video processing, 3D rendering, .. and I took the opportunity to see if there was any difference. I noticed no difference, or very minimal of the order of 2fps which is more a gain of the IPC (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ip ... ,5777.html) of the RYZEN architecture than the increase in frequency and cores. It is expected that I change processor, but it will not be for video games reason, because I recall it I play in 4K.

No need to suggest changing, and even less to go to Intel, Intel for me it's over, I have an AMD platform, I stay with AMD. I still have at my disposal all the RYZEN 3000 and also the RYZEN 5000.

By passing the 10850K, like the 10900K and also the 11900K are atomized by the Ryzen 5000 in single-core performance, and also multi-core in video games and software applications (Rendering, video / photo editing, ..). So nothing pushes me to change and go to Intel.

Especially when you think about it Intel have been on their 14nm for almost 7 years! I had a 6700K at the time which was already in 14nm! Nothing new at Intel for 6 years, Without AMD behind pushing upwards, Intel would still have 4 cores on the mainstream platform (Socket 1150/1151).

mackintosh

#10 Post by mackintosh » 23 Feb 2021 22:47

Because this game is CPU single thread bound, not GPU bound, and since your GPU is obviously not the issue, it's either your CPU that can't keep up, or there is something else wrong with your setup. This is what we're trying to tell you. My 5900X has no issues running 60fps at 4K on a 2080Ti on everything maxed, even in 1.40. Post your log.

Return to “Technical Problems”