Game Crashes randomly

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Game Crashes randomly

#21 Post by Madkine » 20 Apr 2021 08:53

There's plenty of reports of issue's (mostly for lighting) but very few for crashes. Whatever is causing the crash is most likely unique to your configuration.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
StratManiac

#22 Post by StratManiac » 20 Apr 2021 11:22

As I said yesterday the crashing has stopped for me. The only issues I have now is that I get lag spikes when using an Owned Trailer and The Engine Brake & Auto Engine Brake don't work since swapping from a G920 to a G923.
I am aware others are having the same issue as well so fingers crossed a fix can be found soon.
Neofit

#23 Post by Neofit » 05 May 2021 06:53

Well, in my case, the problem fixed itself, in a manner of speaking. The 1080ti ended up dying, "in this economy" :). So I took the old GTX970 out of the closet, overclocked it to the brim (never needed to do that with the 1080ti, it ate everything on ultra or equivalent), and a few hours later, neither ETS2 nor ATS ever crashed. I guess I'll de-OC it though, losing the spare card to that would be the definition of stupid :).
StratManiac

#24 Post by StratManiac » 05 May 2021 08:40

@Neofit Wait a moment. I've also had massive issues with my GTX 1080Ti. Black screening, pixels etc. If you're getting the same it's NOT the graphic card.
I contacted EVGA and they sent me a brand new card and it done the same thing. I then refitted the old GPU and it's fine but the engine brake don't work.
It is defo not the GPU as I've been dealing with this issue for over a month now. I also changed my mouse & keyboard.
You might want to contact the maker of the GPU and see if they have any idea. From what I can tell it's the Ghub Software or Drivers which is what Logitech are looking into.
Neofit

#25 Post by Neofit » 16 May 2021 04:57

It was definitely the old 1080ti card in the end. When it deteriorates to the point where the PC doesn't even get to the POST screen half the time, then freezes with no BSOD within a couple of minutes the rest of the time, it's not the fault of the USB or the graphics drivers or anything. Without changing anything in the drivers department, I've played a week with the GTX 970 without a single crash. Now, after 4 days with an RTX 3070 including a whole Saturday, still no crashes.

Return to “Technical Problems”