Mouse Cursor Bug - Can't Fix

OldVern

Mouse Cursor Bug - Can't Fix

#1 Post by OldVern » 15 Apr 2021 08:55

Both my ETS2 and ATS which previously worked fine have suddenly been hit by the moving mouse cursor bug in menus. I've tried all the solutions Dr. Google could find - start in Safe mode and update controller settings, calibrate the joypad and the problem refuses to go away. I've done a Steam file refresh which hasn't cured the problem so wondering if a complete uninstall and reinstall of the two games is the only thing that might fix it.

My hardware environment hasn't changed since I last played the games some months ago.

Was going to buy the Iberia DLC, but no point if I can't even get to do anything in the menus.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Mouse Cursor Bug - Can't Fix

#2 Post by Madkine » 15 Apr 2021 09:30

Have you tried starting the game with only mouse and keyboard connected? That will at least confirm where the issue is.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
OldVern

#3 Post by OldVern » 15 Apr 2021 17:11

Tried that and the issue persists. At a loss now as uninstalling and reinstalling has also failed to cure the issue. All the peripherals - mouse, joypad and joystick are working perfectly okay in other games and apps. The only thing left to try is maybe seeing what happens if I try and go back to a pre 1.40 setup, if that's possible from the beta function in Steam.
OldVern

#4 Post by OldVern » 19 Apr 2021 17:09

Update:
Looks like the joypad was faulty. Was also having issues in Train Sim World 2 with menu flashing between KBM input and joypad button input. Joypad removed and the mouse in ETS2 is stable as are TSW2 menus. Tried it in front USB socket of PC and issue immediately returned.
So looks like I need to buy a new joypad which is actually easier said than done, not that many about. Trying to drive a truck with WASD on the keyboard a definite no thank you.
OldVern

#5 Post by OldVern » 23 Apr 2021 15:31

New joypad installed and everything now AOK.

Return to “Technical Problems”