Sunbloom on the windows 2009 Scania R

SlIdEr675

Sunbloom on the windows 2009 Scania R

#1 Post by SlIdEr675 » 19 Apr 2021 17:49

Hi all,
First post.
For some time I have had a problem with 'sunbloom' fogging of the windows of my 2009 Scania R. I have tried removing mods, creating a new profile and have even reinstalled the game.
The problem is on my existing 2009 Scania truck, and even the random 2009 Scania rental trucks. The man TGM has the problem on the small windows too.
What seems to be happening is the window or windows on the opposite side to the sun seem to reflect the sunlight back. So if you were driving away from the sun the windscreen becomes fogged, obscured to the point that you can hardly see through it. Exactly the opposite to what happens IRL. It also starts about 2 hours before sunrise and continues about the same after sunset.
I have been unsuccessful in finding a cure for this problem and cant drive my 1,000,000KM Scania anymore. :(
Left side window, sun on the right
Left side window, sun on the right
Windscreen, sun behind.
Windscreen, sun behind.
2 examples of the problem. the shadows show the relative position of the sun. Ah, you can see it in the mirror too.
Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon and maybe know a fix. I was hoping 1.40 was going to fix it, but sadly no.

Cheers.
SlIdEr675

Return to “Technical Problems”