Can't deactivate centering spring on G923

Polarlicht

Can't deactivate centering spring on G923

#1 Post by Polarlicht » 01 May 2021 20:11

I got a problem with my Logi G923 Wheel. I got the playstation/pc version of the wheel and run latest logitech g-hub and Win10 version.
So every now and then the wheel feels atiny amount harder and clunkier to turn, even though my g-hub force feedback settings are off and ingame FF is turned off as well.
Most of the time it turns freely and lightly, but sometimes it doesn't.
I actually have this problem in all games i use the wheel. All have FF off

Also sometimes when i start the game and sit in the truck for the first time that day, It already starts at full throttle

UPDATE 16.2.22
I returned it to the dealer and got a new one.
Plugged it in and now i can't deactivate the centering spring in no profile (Desktop, ETS, ATS etc) unless i fiddle around in the game settings a couple of times. I just don't get it :evil:
I tried Logitech game software, but it does not recognize the G923 and i always get a message to launch G Hub.
I reinstalled G-Hub numerous times.
tried with different games...
I opened the joy.cpl in WIN and the option to calibrate was greyed out...
Last edited by Polarlicht on 16 Feb 2022 10:15, edited 5 times in total.
Polarlicht

Re: Weird Logitech G923 Wheel Behavior

#2 Post by Polarlicht » 08 May 2021 07:45

Nobody any ideas? :(
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#3 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 08 May 2021 07:53

press the throttle smoothly
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 May 2021 07:56

wow, really helpful advise :roll:

did you try to use the Logitech Gaming Software ? from what i heard GHub is even more hot garbage then LGS
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#5 Post by Polarlicht » 08 May 2021 14:34

I had LGS with my old G27 and Win7. The last version LGS i had was from 2010 :lol: .. last one which supported the G27. It didn't work with newer versions.
I always thought GHUB replaced LGS? Is it still supported? With new devices? I also need GHUB since i have a Logi mouse and keyboard which needs it.
I have no other problems with GHUB.
Somebody PM'd me and said ETS2 and ATS have no support for the G923. But i have the Problem in every game and apart from that it works just fine!
LegoTechnicFanBoi wrote: 08 May 2021 07:53 press the throttle smoothly
I don't press it at all. I start the game, click on drive and when i sit in the truck the game thinks iam on full throttle and starts the engine and goes redline even tho i didn't touched it yet.
This is only sometimes, and after i touched the throttle it works fine again.
Things like this are really hard to explain. Don't even quite know what to google for :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 May 2021 14:36

the original little program for the G25 and G27 wasnt really LGS, LGS is a suit for all Logitech devices like GHub but the predecessor, there should be a version for the G923 that works, i personally wont update to GHub, what i heard of it is is totally useless, pretty much like any software from Logitech to be honest
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tobrago

#7 Post by tobrago » 08 May 2021 15:19

This also has a problem with the G29 steering wheel. It doesn't matter if you press the throttle or turn the steering wheel left and right, it then works properly. As if the ETS2 / ATS does not load the steering wheel data or whatever. I'm used to it, but I can't get used to the feedback not working with the G-Hub program. I have two G29 steering wheels and the exact same thing happens on both. When I bought the first one I wrote to them about the problem and they said it was a steering wheel problem. They refunded my money and I bought a G29 steering wheel again for that money, of course I had to add another 60 euros. And before that, technical support explained what I should do, but all those combinations were unsuccessful. As if I connected the second steering wheel it behaved the same as the first. I contacted them again and said the problem was up to the game or to the OS. Eventually I stopped messing with the steering wheel. I posted a post that the feedback force does not work with the G-Hub program here on the forum, but I did not receive any official response. What is happening is not clear to me, but one thing I know, I'm not bad luck that both steering wheels are defective. This is my experience with the ETS2 / ATS and G29 steering wheel. The official SCS videos also show that they are using another steering wheel (Thrustmaster). I'm thinking of buying a Thrustmaster steering wheel in the same range as the G29.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Polarlicht

#8 Post by Polarlicht » 15 May 2021 07:18

I tried Logitech Gaming Software. I think it was the latest build (from 2018??) and the wheel didn't even show up in it since its younger and they really want you to use the Ghub...
Olddantrucker

#9 Post by Olddantrucker » 01 Jun 2021 00:04

Polarlicht wrote: 01 May 2021 20:11 I got a problem with my Logi G923 Wheel. I got the playstation/pc version of the wheel and run latest logitech g-hub and Win10 version.
So every now and then the wheel feels atiny amount harder and clunkier to turn, even though my g-hub force feedback settings are off and ingame FF is turned off as well.
Most of the time it turns freely and lightly, but sometimes it doesn't.
I actually have this problem in all games i use the wheel. All have FF off

Also sometimes when i start the game and sit in the truck for the first time that day, It already starts at full throttle
Did you try calibrating with Windows? The Wheel would not work with us until we did it and went thru the steps it told you to.Then in game it detected it and centered it.
StratManiac

#10 Post by StratManiac » 01 Jun 2021 10:24

The G923 has a software fault and this has been confirmed by Logitech. I've had 2 G923's in less than 2 weeks both have the same fault.
According to Logitech there is a clash with drivers/software and Nvidia have also added a USB-C driver in the generic GPU driver and Logitech & EVGA said this is the potential cause.
I've had mine refunded and was told to keep the wheel. True Force is not supported by SCS either.
The main issue is FF not working correctly and also the engine break don't work or auto engine brake.

I had a call from EVGA confirming that the USB-C driver is a possible cause.

Strat

Return to “Technical Problems”