No GPU usage in drive mode on new profile

Chay

No GPU usage in drive mode on new profile

#1 Post by Chay » 08 May 2021 19:12

Hello,

I have a problem with no gpu usage in drive mode when opening a new profile. In "showroom" everything works normal, however when I go to "drive", 1 second after loading screen and my fps drops to 0. I enabled AMD overlay and seen that my gpu usage in "drive" mode drops to 0% also. When pressing Esc and going to "showroom" mode everything works again, fps is normal and gpu usage goes to 95% again.

It seems like the game suddenly stops prioritising gpu when I enter "drive" mode.

So this all occurs when opening new profile. On my original profile (that I'm using long time now) everything works perfect and no issues in "drive" mode.

I tried deleting the config file to let the game create a new one, but to no avail.

My gpu is AMD rx5600 xt. Game version 1.39
Some newbie driver

Re: No GPU usage in drive mode on new profile

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2021 19:33

Try to share a game.log.txt from your user's profile folder.

We will see what's in there, if something indicates the source of your problem.
Chay

#3 Post by Chay » 08 May 2021 20:20

Game log is in attachment
Attachments
game.log.txt
(62.68 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 08 May 2021 21:18

You are quitting the game after 30 secs
With the amount of mods you have let it load at least a couple of minutes
Or try a new vanilla profile to check if the game is ok

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Chay

#5 Post by Chay » 08 May 2021 22:10

This gamelog is the attachment of a clean vanilla profile. I quit the game after 30 secs because I just wanted to generate the log. Game is unplayable in "drive" mode on new profile anyway as FPS is literally 0. I get a frame every 5 secs or so.

edit: added the screenshot of ingame. Strange is that it has normal FPS 1 second after I enter "drive" mode, then it just drops to 0.

Also since this happens in new profile and only in "drive" mode I have a feeling it's something ingame that disables gpu usage, but don't understand as everything works normal on my old profile. Is there maybe some hidden config param that's causing gpu disabling?
Attachments
0 fps.jpg
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 May 2021 13:01

You have started a mod-clean profile in that gamelog indeed. The mods shown in the game log is all the ones you had available for the game, the previous checks, not the ones loaded for that profile.

But your profile isn't strictly a clean vanilla one; you are using a plugin for the game:

Code: Select all

00:00:03.237 : loading 'telemetry_tac_x64' 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2/bin/win_x64/plugins/telemetry_tac_x64.dll'
Try to uninstall it and see what happens.

Regards
Chay

#7 Post by Chay » 09 May 2021 16:42

..and that fixed it! :lol:

Seems my Tachograph plugin was causing it. Maybe because it had record history based on my original profile, so that caused issues on new one.

Thank you very much Some newbie driver, case closed.
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 May 2021 17:41

You are welcome. Hopefully every problem in the game could be solved so fast. Enjoy the ride. :)

Return to “Technical Problems”