Persistent connection issues to online service

etermist

Persistent connection issues to online service

#1 Post by etermist » 13 May 2021 20:54

Hey there!

Over the last few days I have been facing some issues accessing the online service within the game. The game acts as if there would not be any internet connection at all, even though nothing seems wrong with my internet configuration as I am not facing issues elsewhere, only in this game. When this started occuring I figured it was a temporary issue, but when it's still present three or so days later I am starting to wonder what this may be about.

When launching the game I recieve the following in game.log.txt:

Code: Select all

[net] SOCK ERRO: getaddinfo('news.eut2.online.scssoft.com','80') ver 0 type 1 proto 6 failed 0x00002afa
[net] HTTP ERRO: Unable to connect to 'http://news.eut2.online.scssoft.com/eut2/news/1.40.4.0s/en_gb'
[net] LINK ERRO: Unable to connect.
When selecting and launching a profile, Steam-connected or local, the game prints this to the aforementioned log together with a warning window within the game saying it was unable to establish a connection to the online service:

Code: Select all

[net] SOCK ERRO: getaddinfo('eut2.online.scssoft.com','80') ver 0 type 1 proto 6 failed 0x00002afa
[net] HTTP ERRO: Unable to connect to 'http://eut2.online.scssoft.com/eut2/bind'
[net] LINK ERRO: Unable to connect.
When I have had network connection issues in the past, the game normally thinks for a while on the sign in screen before returning the unable to establish connection-message, however now it is activates as soon as I click continue game - as if it is not even making any attempt to connect to the online service at all. The game can be launched in offline mode, however when trying to access the external market the game claims the profile is not connected to World of Trucks at all.

- Clean, unmodded and modded profiles all produce the same issue. Worth to add is that neither the news nor the DLC-browser shows any content, they are just black as if there would be no connection to the internet.
- I always run the game through Steam. However I am also always logged out from the friends and community-features - these issues persist wether I am online or offline here, and I have never hade issues with this previously. The actual Steam client is always in online mode however.
- Disabling the firewall makes no difference. Other than these issues my internet connection is fully operational and working without problems.
- Pinging and tracerouting worldoftrucks.com always ends up in a timeout - however I suspect this is because the site uses a ping blocker, as a completely different computer on another network with another ISP is also timing out on ping and traceroute commands. I suspect this is not the culprit however as through a browser I can access World of Trucks and its features without issues.

Now, these issues are in fact coinciding with me adding some new DLC for the first time in a while, namely Iberia and some trailer DLCs. This time around I did not recieve any verification upon game launch that I had added new official content, which I seem to remember happened last time I did. The game update to 1.40.4.0 happened roughly at the same time too. If I remember correctly I bought and installed the DLC but did not launch the game until the next day when I suspect the game was updated aswell.

As far as I can work out, this does feel like a local issue even though there is no issue with my internet connection. The only guess I really have is that the game has been unable to verify the new content and has became stuck in this phase between an update. Perhaps there is some piracy-block feature thinking it has been pirated and preventing access to any and all online services due to the new official conent not beeing verified correctly.

Has anyone had similar issues or having these now? Cheers.
Some newbie driver

Re: Persistent connection issues to online service

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 May 2021 22:05

etermist wrote: 13 May 2021 20:54- Pinging and tracerouting worldoftrucks.com always ends up in a timeout - however I suspect this is because the site uses a ping blocker, as a completely different computer on another network with another ISP is also timing out on ping and traceroute commands. I suspect this is not the culprit however as through a browser I can access World of Trucks and its features without issues.
Your connection error isn't against worldoftrucks.com (you are right, this one doesn't return any ping) but, as the error states, against news.eut2.online.scssoft.com. Try ping and traceroutes against that server and see what happens. Mines return destination IP 185.162.248.108 (v22017034425746611.bestsrv.de)

Regards
etermist

#3 Post by etermist » 14 May 2021 00:23

Cheers @Some newbie driver, however I am unable to trace said address as both Powershell and the command prompt are unable to resolve that hostname. Pinging the address presents the same issue. However tracerouting the IP you provided directly return a positive result, same as yours. I am a bit stumbled by this... How can this happen seemingly from nowhere..?

With the limited knowledge I have -- DNS server issues for this domain in particular? Ping and traceroute to 185.162.248.108 works without issues, whilst ping and traceroute to news.eut2.online.scssoft.com does not as Powershell can not resolve the hostname.

When I attempt to trace the address from another computer using mobile broadband, outside and separate from the local network on another ISP, the trace is getting further, but still timing out before reaching the final adress above falling on the very last route to the destination IP. Ping works as intended when pinging news.eut2.online.scssoft.com aswell as 185.162.248.108 from the second computer. But traceroute is failing here too.
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2021 12:24

If you can't ping the hostname (news.eut2.online.scssoft.com) but ping the IP (185.162.248.108 ), then you have a DNS resolution issue in your computer.

Try to flush the DNS caché first (if you use Windows, open elevated CMD, then run "ipconfig /flushdns")
If that doesn't work, try to configure a different DNS resolver in the network adapter on your computer. For example, OpenDNS ones (208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.222 / 208.67.222.220 / 208.67.220.220)

Regards
etermist

#5 Post by etermist » 14 May 2021 13:42

Thanks a lot pal, seems like we found the issue, or atleast a solution for it. Flushing the DNS I have tried earlier without success, however when I reconfigured the router to use the public DNS from Cloudflare I can access all features within the game again. The new content I managed to verify too. Previously the DNS has been ran unconfigured and defaulted to the ISPs DNS-server.

The second computer is still timing out tracerouting said address however, but I suspect it has something to do with the local firewall policies within that computer - it's not important after all, but perhaps it shows there are some other config issues in the network. Main computer is wired whilst second one is wireless might be worth to add.

Strange issue this as I have never had problems like these before, and this just broke seemingly out of nowhere.

Cheers!
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 14 May 2021 15:05

It is a common problem
Usually an old misconfigured DNS causing havoc

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#7 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2021 19:59

You are welcome @etermist. At the end, you did the hard part of the debugging. ;)

Return to “Technical Problems”