The Micro Stuttering / Lag solution I've been looking for for 2 months and finally found it!

Blasco

The Micro Stuttering / Lag solution I've been looking for for 2 months and finally found it!

#1 Post by Blasco » 13 Jun 2021 01:49

Guys, I found the solution! The panacea for micro stuttering / lag!

This post will be a bit confusing because I'm writing and thinking in my native language (Portuguese) and trying to translate to English on the fly.

For 2 months on end, I was trying to find this solution. I formatted my computer, put Ubuntu, went back to Windows 10, finally, I did everything and I hadn't found the solution until now! (10:30 pm Brasilia time. Yes I am Brazilian!).

Here both games ran with these micro stutterings, which is very annoying and breaks the total immersion with the game, in full screen mode, but disappeared in windowed mode.

Interesting things I've seen testing the ETS2 as the ATM over the past 2 months:

-Run on Ubuntu Linux is wonderful, but it heats up my computer a lot! It runs smooth as silk!
The best detail is that it runs like this on Proton (Emulating DirectX 11) and not the native version on Linux (which is poor for being in OpenGL).

-In Windows 10, it seems, that power management is more efficient I thought it might be something to do with refresh rate, V Sync, something graphics or my graphics card. I swear I broke my head over it! I read all the forums, Reddits, everything that says about this problem, which is very recurrent!

And the solution was the most unexpected! I simply closed Logitech's GHUB application, after all I have a keyboard, a mouse and a Headphone of them, and I use it using that effect that captures the colors of the screen and makes all my peripherals shine as if they were an ambilight.
I just closed it, ran the ETS2 and it ran beautifully!

So folks, if you have any kind of application that reads your computer screen to sparkle in the lights on your peripherals, CLOSE them now!

PS. In doubt, my computer is a Dell G3 Notebook with 8 gigs of ram and both games are not that heavy or are too demanding of any computer!
Garrington_Levy

Re: The Micro Stuttering / Lag solution I've been looking for for 2 months and finally found it!

#2 Post by Garrington_Levy » 17 Jun 2021 13:07

I had similar stuttering and freezing issues, due to my ignorance of how having 40+ mods running - maps, trucks, trailers etc - since I've done away with 90% of them and only use ProMods, Scania T, small mirrors and 1 sound mod, I've had massive FPS gains, as well as setting the overall graphics to low - my laptop is pretty rubbish, even by 5 years ago standards - and the difference was incredible. I've really noticed the difference with or without the Logitech Hub open or closed to be honest, although I might investigate further as any FPS gain is always a win.
Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Return to “Technical Problems”