Game stutter issues

Geromu

Game stutter issues

#1 Post by Geromu » 20 Jun 2021 19:35

Hello,

I decided to move my game to my main NVME drive and since then the game is stuttering non-stop, multiple times a minute, it freezes then unfreezes, then freezes then unfreezes, its not an fps problem, the game just freezes itself and then continues from the point before it froze, this has not happened even once on my secondary drive.
I moved the game back to my secondary drive and the described stuttering, or whatever its actually called, stopped as expected.

Here is my system in case thats somehow relevant to my problem:

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H v2
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650
Memory: Oloy 2x8GB DDR4 2666
Solid-State Drive: WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Thanks, cheers and stay safe,

Geromu
Last edited by Geromu on 24 Jun 2021 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Game stutter issues

#2 Post by Madkine » 21 Jun 2021 10:01

Post your game.log.txt to pastebin.com (no account needed) and then post the link here and we'll have a look for you.
The file can be found at "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2" for a default install.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Geromu

#3 Post by Geromu » 25 Jun 2021 13:49

I hope thats the one:

https://pastebin.com/8KwRTG6s
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Jun 2021 14:28

Nothing apparent
Have you checked IO speed on NVME your in current configuration, all drivers up to date etc
Do you have the correct PCIe configuration, to many slots used might degrade performance

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Geromu

#5 Post by Geromu » 26 Jun 2021 00:10

All of my drives are up to date, windows updates, nvidia drivers, motherboard drivers, monitor drivers, etc.
I have the correct PCIe configuration because there is only 1 PCIe x16 slot available on the motherboard, as well as only 1 NVME slot.
Again, its not a performance issue im having, I monitor the fps, load and temperature of my componenets throug MSI afterburner overlay, temperature are in the norm, the load is normal, the fps is fluctuating between 85 and 100 all the time, in fact, the fps jumps to over 350 when the game freezes itself for a few seconds.

Return to “Technical Problems”