ETS 2 & ATS locking up.

cliff60

ETS 2 & ATS locking up.

#1 Post by cliff60 » 20 Jul 2021 17:07

Been having probs with ETS 2 and ATS since several updates happened. Windows, oculus and graphics drivers and the game also had an update about the same time as the problems started with 1.40. at 1st it was the PC shutting down like the power had been turned off then PC rebooted after about 30 mins of playing.
Now i cant get the game to get past the loading screen without it not responding and locking up my PC completly and only way out of it is pulling the power lead out to turn off my PC. ALt ctrl del does open task manger but the game just pops back on top of it so cant close the game down using that. the game starts up no probs but when i try to continue game or run a new clean profile no mods the game just locks up when it gets to about 80%

No game logs or crash logs have been generated since march so cant even look in there to see any probs.
Thought it might of been an oculus problem as that was giving me error msgs so took it out of VR and tried on flat screen still doing it. Verfied steam files no probs there. unistalled the game and reinstaled it didnt fix it. tried a new profile still doing it. though it might of been 1.41 as it got worse after that so went back to 1.40 but still doing it.

Nothing in event viewer about ATS or ETS 2 errors. But there is lots of other errors for windows. SLUI.exe being 1 of them. Seems whoever built my PC originally used a KMS host to verify i had activated windows and the KMS host is sending back errors so it wont verify windows. But seems strange its only causing probs with ETS 2 and ATS as all other games r working fine.

Upgraded my PC new motherboard new CPU to see if that was the problem but made no diff. Old build was a Asus prime B350 plus ryzen 5 1600x. new build is a MSI x570 MPG gaming edge with a ryzen 9 3900XT. GTX 1050TI replaced with a GTX 1080TI.

Tried moving the games from SSD back to HDD but still the same probs. tried that cause the SSD gave a kernal error 41. but that just caused the kernal error to move to the HDD. so looks like the game is causing kernal error 41 as that error only pops up when i try playing SCS games.

Only options left to try is a new PSU and getting another copy of windows and seeing if that solves the prob. But short of money now after getting the other upgrades.
Tom
SCS Software

Re: ETS 2 & ATS locking up.

#2 Post by Tom » 21 Jul 2021 06:54

hi,
if game does not manage to create crash log then it very typically problem somewhere else. and game was just a catalyst to underlying problem.
windows event viewer in such case is great tool. it may be hard to navigate but if you have more instances of such unexpected reboots, and its no a fundamental HW problem, it should be possible to find a good lead in event logs at times when PC failed.
comparing more cases may help to find root of the problem.
i would expect there will be something in common, amongs them.

i dont think changes in HW were required. but it actually helped you narrowing possible causes.
personally i would check for software/drivers problem first.
and this is where windows event viewer is most useful.
cliff60

#3 Post by cliff60 » 24 Jul 2021 23:41

https://pastebin.com/LZ9s1rLv

Game log from when i tried to run ETS 2 just now. again it crashed but no crash log. but it did create a game log this time. thats for 1.41 with promods 2.56. got another from a couple of days ago with 1.40 with promods 2.55. It does say Rift CV1 but its actualy a rift S.
no game logs from my unmodded profile though. still no game logs from ATS either.
game started up put in the new updated promods into mod manager then when it tried to load from their it just locked up at about 50% with not responding error. nothing in event viewer about it at all. with vanilla profiles it doesnt even get that far. they just shut down my PC as soon as i hit continue game.

Spent a couple of days running diagnostics on the hardware and software they found no problems. all drivers upto date.
cliff60

#4 Post by cliff60 » 29 Jul 2021 19:37

https://pastebin.com/9pkFL4Hn

Crash log ETS 2 for today. seems there is Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Guessing ATS is the same but still no game logs or crash logs on there but both games r doing the same thing. crashing when i try continue game or trying a new clean profile.
Its not a 1.41 prob as it started doing it in 1.40. rolled back to 1.40 to try a new profile made no diff.

Replaced everything in my PC since this prob started. new PSU put in today upped it from 780w to 1050w.that seems to have stopped ETS 2 and ATS from shutting down my PC. clean install of windows on a new HDD didnt do anything to help.
Tom
SCS Software

#5 Post by Tom » 30 Jul 2021 06:13

this particular crash seems like the one caused by enabled option "keep route advisor hidden."
cliff60

#6 Post by cliff60 » 01 Aug 2021 01:59

think ive got ATS working again partly anyway. had to start a new profile and did my 1st job with no probs. so think the save files might be corrupted.

But it still didnt create a game log so something isnt right with it somewhere. Last game log is dated 05.03.21 (5th March) even though ive played or tried to play it every day.

No tick in the keep route advisor hidden box so its not that unless the game is reading it wrong.
cliff60

#7 Post by cliff60 » 02 Aug 2021 04:07

ok sorted out what the problem was and back in the game again. it was a mod for UI minimizer. It was updated to be compatable with 1.41 but some players r still reporting it crashing their games others say it works fine. Guess i got it crashing my game on loading. found it on a new profile which loaded fine till i put on that mod then it crashed the game on loading and worked again when i took it off. but still 1 prob to sort out still no game logs being generated by ATS.

Took me ages to sort out the probs cause 1st it was Game shutting down my PC when i tried playing ETS 2 and ATS. that was a PSU problem. 780w wasnt enough so put in 1050w and now its fine. Then SLUI.exe probs caused crashing. sorted that out by buying a new windows keys.

Return to “Technical Problems”