Radio volume changes when pressing accelerator!

-Mij-

Radio volume changes when pressing accelerator!

#1 Post by -Mij- » 27 Jul 2021 17:21

Hi there.
When I accelerate the radio gets quieter (by a lot) and when I decelerate the radio gets louder (for custom songs and the actual radio stations)
I have tried w/out mods, checked all my audio settings and even tried a new clean game but i still get this frustrating problem.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Radio volume changes when pressing accelerator!

#2 Post by Madkine » 27 Jul 2021 21:58

Check your key bindings in game.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
-Mij-

#3 Post by -Mij- » 29 Jul 2021 18:04

The sound when pressing the accelerator doesn't change the volume up and down. The radio just gets really low when i press it and the second i lift off it returns to normal straight away. I took your advice and double checked anyway buy to no avail. I uninstalled voice meter potato and used default audio, reinstalled ETS2 without mods and started a whole fresh game with all settings reset but since the new update it's just all weird. The radio is the the only thing that keeps me playing as without it the game is just boring so ill stop playing for a month or three and just wait to see if any new updates fix it. Thanks anyway.
lucaspaulobomja

#4 Post by lucaspaulobomja » 01 May 2022 22:31

It's some configuration from Windows called Auto Ducking, you have to go in Control Panel>Sound and Devices>Sound, open the properties from your sound device, then Enchantments, check Loudness and Equalization box, then go to Communications and check the option "Don't do anything" or something like that.
Knolle187

#5 Post by Knolle187 » 21 Aug 2022 11:55

It is so stupid, the volume changes up and down, when the truck 'goes louder or quieter' for example at acceleration, if u open a window or so. It's like a simulation from a real car/truck: when u open a window, the radio is much quieter. But i want this not, i want to listen and enjoy to the music while is drive ! :lol:

This happend when u use the internal Radioplayer or a player in background of windows, f.e. vlc-player or windows media player.
I've testes a few usb->RCA audio devices (connectes to my stereo in my living room..) it is with all the same issue.
In Windows are all equalizers and enhancements disabled.

Is there an option to disable this feature in ETS?
sorry for my bad english :?
Aquamarina

#6 Post by Aquamarina » 29 Aug 2022 21:18

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!
I tried all the solution above but not working at all. Finally i found out which does that are "Truck Exhaust" does that (Sound Option), the sound fine without it but its more stupid while driving.
+ This happen after 1.42, i were playing 1.37 and its very perfect
****Please dont update anything relate to sound, its just made the game worst!
snoopdogg_tg

#7 Post by snoopdogg_tg » 25 Oct 2022 01:05

Knolle187 wrote: 21 Aug 2022 11:55 It is so stupid, the volume changes up and down, when the truck 'goes louder or quieter' for example at acceleration, if u open a window or so. It's like a simulation from a real car/truck: when u open a window, the radio is much quieter. But i want this not, i want to listen and enjoy to the music while is drive ! :lol:

This happend when u use the internal Radioplayer or a player in background of windows, f.e. vlc-player or windows media player.
I've testes a few usb->RCA audio devices (connectes to my stereo in my living room..) it is with all the same issue.
In Windows are all equalizers and enhancements disabled.

Is there an option to disable this feature in ETS?
I hear you :D I have the same problem, disabled every possible enhancement and the radio volume still goes down when accelerating. Have you found any solution to this?
McFly91

#8 Post by McFly91 » 02 Nov 2022 10:58

Hi, i have the same problem and it only happened on my madster man e6 and my torpedo by hrs on vanilla truck i do not have this problem
_Patrol

#9 Post by _Patrol » 16 Dec 2022 21:31

In my case fixed via sound blaster Z control panel.
Unchecked smart volume.

Return to “Technical Problems”