Start button on Controller doesn't work like it used to for the "Menu" Command

DiscRover

Start button on Controller doesn't work like it used to for the "Menu" Command

#1 Post by DiscRover » 27 Jul 2021 20:16

So we all know ESC is the menu command and it can take you back to the driving from the main menu screen. My controller used to do that but there were some software issues and I redownloaded the drivers and rebound everything including my Start button for the Menu command and while pressing Start takes me to the main menu screen, for some reason it no longer takes me back into my truck. What gives?
derrrr

Re: Start button on Controller doesn't work like it used to for the "Menu" Command

#2 Post by derrrr » 27 Jul 2021 22:08

If you assign another controller button to the ESC function, does it work like before?
Asus Prime A320M-K | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz | 16GB DDR4 HyperX (2x8GB)
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 570 | XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 2TB
DiscRover

Re: Start button on Controller doesn't work like it used to for the "Menu" Command

#3 Post by DiscRover » 27 Jul 2021 22:57

derrrr wrote: 27 Jul 2021 22:08 If you assign another controller button to the ESC function, does it work like before?
Nope. Tried with Select and no dice.
derrrr

#4 Post by derrrr » 28 Jul 2021 03:49

Which controller is it? Maybe the software is conflicting.

I use a Logitech F310. It is recognized as an Xbox controller (no idea why) and if I press the central button everything goes haywire. Takes ages to config again.

Do you play on Steam? If so, have you looked at Steam's controller configuration?

Maybe something is overriding the game bindings.
Asus Prime A320M-K | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz | 16GB DDR4 HyperX (2x8GB)
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 570 | XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 2TB
DiscRover

#5 Post by DiscRover » 28 Jul 2021 12:15

derrrr wrote: 28 Jul 2021 03:49 Which controller is it? Maybe the software is conflicting.

I use a Logitech F310. It is recognized as an Xbox controller (no idea why) and if I press the central button everything goes haywire. Takes ages to config again.

Do you play on Steam? If so, have you looked at Steam's controller configuration?

Maybe something is overriding the game bindings.
It's a PS3 controller with the last update for the SCPToolKit which are THE drivers to use. I clicked on "Forced Off" in the controller settings for ETS2 specifically in Big Picture as well. No conflicts there. It's weird because when I reinstalled it and played, my Start button was working properly (along with all of my other keybinds). It wasn't until yesterday when I had to rebind my keys to the controller this happened. Unfortunately, I don't know what they looked like beforehand because the last time I configured them before yesterday was years ago.

There also aren't any conflicting binds as my Start is only bound to Menu.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Return to “Technical Problems”