GPU/CPU Utilization

plykkegaard

Re: GPU/CPU Utilization

#11 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 08:12

Sorry there's more to it than just the Nvme, CPU and GPU
Internal and external buffers, bus speed, southbridge configuration, quality of chipsets, hw compatibility etc
If you are not able to feed the GPU with data fast you have a bottleneck

The game runs fine on i9 9900k / RTX 3090, on my own rig i5 4670 / GTX 1080 ti the game is held back a bit but enjoyable

Yes the engine has an issue when it comes to multi core support unfortunately this will not be solved anytime soon

There is thread floating around with different game configurations for high end PCs
Also discussions on the use nvidia tools or overlay to improve game experience
Lots of the suggestions puts a higher demand on the GPU but improves the game

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Jacksonshaulage1

#12 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 29 Jul 2021 11:21

Yes cites it does drop fps but I'm on 300 scaling not 400 and it give me 10 more fps.

SCSsoftware need to change game engine to allow muti core support.

Remember some games like flight simulator 3070 only get 30 to 40 fps lol
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 11:26

Jacksonshaulage1 wrote: 29 Jul 2021 11:21 SCSsoftware need to change game engine to allow muti core support.
Not possible to change engine
Prism3D is what we have at some point I am sure it will be added but it is complicated as you can quite easily make it worse

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Jacksonshaulage1

#14 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 29 Jul 2021 11:31

So prism 3d could get an upgrade at some point but SCSsoftware probably won't bother for some time.
plykkegaard

#15 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 11:34

Why so negative?
Prism3D is SCSs own engine and it is in continuous development / improvement

Jacksonshaulage1

#16 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 29 Jul 2021 11:37

Because SCSsoftware too busy focusing on multi player than performance upgrade and pavel soon means like 3 years or more.

Truck quality is brilliant and map dlc etc.
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 13:47

dvojinov wrote: 29 Jul 2021 07:48I'm pretty aware of my CPU but even limiting the CPU in cores doesn't change anything
I didn't said you had to limit your CPU in cores to increase any performance. I said that you will not see high %utilization values in SCS games because those game can't utilize more than a fraction of your cores (like so many other games, even those that are multi-core capable can have limits). That's why it's useless to say thinks of the kind of "I've no better FPS even if the CPU is almost not used". Starting by the very fact those % are very abstracted and limited ways to count something as complicated as the raw power of a computing component. If you have a CPu doing one job that takes X time at 50% load (as reported by that kind of counters); that will NEVER mean that working at 100% will take half the time.
dvojinov wrote: 29 Jul 2021 07:48in fact I get better results with all 16/32T enabled throughout every game so that s definitely not the "bottleneck"
Wrong, the CPU is always the bottleneck in SCS games until they don't change them a lot as I said. They can't use more than 2 cores at the same time (and the utilization on the second is marginal). Once the main software thread reaches the 100% usage of a single core, and we ALL reach that point when playing; the game isn't going to improve performance no matter how many more raw power your hardware could have.
dvojinov wrote: 29 Jul 2021 07:48I have second machine on I 7 9700K +RTX 3080 which runs 5.2Ghz and there is no better performance there either
Of course, it's a CPU with a worse IPC than the AMD one. The clock values are irrelevant unless they are put in the appropriate context; and to compare two completely different CPU architectures is a very unappropriate context. As an example, AMD FX processors were able to sustain even 8GHz under very heavy cooling and overclocking but not even then could they beat the equivalent Intels of the same era working at way lower clocks.
dvojinov wrote: 29 Jul 2021 07:48the game just doesn't perform better when some max hardware criteria is reached it performs mostly the same regardless of the hardware , AMD , INTEL , 16/32 CPU or 8/8 core CPU 2080 Ti , 3080 or 3090 for ETS it has no impact at all . SO I guess it is just bad engine or maybe not bad but outdated engine that cant utilities modern hardware resources .
The hardware criteria is the one already explained: the performance that a SINGLE CPU core can deliver. Take any usual benchmarking software that is able to SINGLE-core benchmarks and look the charts. You will see the very limited improvement there had been for years in that part. And those are syntethic benchmarks, differences in working-software use to be always narrower. The overall raw power of CPUs in the last 10 years had come mostly from increase the core count and that doesn't factor when a software can't use at all those extra cores.

Regards

@Jacksonhaulage the last 2 years all the major updates had been specifically to improve Prism3D in technologies and performance. Multi-player that just arrive now is the ONLY major feature that it's not directly tied to engine improvements in 2 years. So, I don't know WTH are you talking about; maybe you are playing a different game than the rest of us and you are in the wrong forum.
dvojinov

#18 Post by dvojinov » 30 Jul 2021 16:54

Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 13:47
dvojinov wrote: 29 Jul 2021 07:48I'm pretty aware of my CPU but even limiting the CPU in cores doesn't change anything
I didn't said you had to limit your CPU in cores to increase any performance. I said that you will not see high %utilization values in SCS games because those game can't utilize more than a fraction of your cores (like so many other games, even those that are multi-core capable can have limits). That's why it's useless to say thinks of the kind of "I've no better FPS even if the CPU is almost not used". Starting by the very fact those % are very abstracted and limited ways to count something as complicated as the raw power of a computing component. If you have a CPu doing one job that takes X time at 50% load (as reported by that kind of counters); that will NEVER mean that working at 100% will take half the time.

Appreciated !
Jacksonshaulage1

#19 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 31 Jul 2021 17:47

Windows 11 I'm getting better performance than Windows 10 and doesn't drop in cities or highway anymore and its more stable.
dvojinov

#20 Post by dvojinov » 04 Aug 2021 05:56

Jacksonshaulage1 wrote: 31 Jul 2021 17:47 Windows 11 I'm getting better performance than Windows 10 and doesn't drop in cities or highway anymore and its more stable.
upgraded to Win 11 and to be honest no much improvement specially not in cities its not worse witch is achievement already for BETA OS but also not significantly better .

Return to “Technical Problems”