Freezing within the first few minutes

Empathica

Freezing within the first few minutes

#1 Post by Empathica » 16 Sep 2021 10:58

Hi there,

I have only just bought this game this week. I've always wanted a real life driving sim game and can't believe I've only just discovered it.

The only thing I have installed at the moment is the base game (no add-ons), and 2 mods. These mods are:
- AI Traffic Pack by JazzyCat V15.9
- DB Creation Traffic Intensity and Behaviour Pack 1.41

The base game by itself runs fine. On day 2 I installed the JazzyCat mod which worked fine. Yesterday I installed DB Creation. I managed to do one job from Manchester to Amsterdam, but then I came to do Cambridge to Manchester. The game froze 4 times when I tried to leave Cambridge... it seems to be when it's trying to load the traffic. I don't get a crash report, it just freezes so I ctrl/alt/delete. I notice the game is running about 2,000,000MB when I check the memory. I might need to adjust my graphics settings or something? Traffic is set to highest (10) in the config menu.

My system specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB Ram
Page file: 4608MB Used, 11727MB available
DirectX 11

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060GB
Chip Type: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Total Memory: 4095MB

Any help appreciated

Many thanks
Underscore_101_

Re: Freezing within the first few minutes

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Sep 2021 15:44

I'm not an expert at all on this, but the first thing I would do is set traffic to 1, and go from there.
Maybe more works, but I don't use anything made by Jazzycat, also don't use DBcreation mods.

But from experience I know a lot of traffic is bad on memory use.

Other than that, your crash log is not that important for us regular users, you're better off posting your game.log, even if it doesn't give a crash reason, some people on here know very much about how to read it, for example CPU and GPU usage.

So please post your game.log.txt (from right after a crash) to pastebin.com and copy the generated link here so we can have a look.
You can find your game.log.txt here:
C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2

Keep in mind that we need your game.log, NOT crash.log

Return to “Technical Problems”