my graphics fans work too hard

Joxson7

my graphics fans work too hard

#1 Post by Joxson7 » 25 Sep 2021 01:52

Good people, I write here because I do not know if it is normal for my graphics (Nvidia Rtx 2070 S) to make a lot of sound in the coolers reaching 2,500 rpm and 82 °C or 179 F° while I play Ets 2 even without any mod. I have a 32 "Sony Bravia TV that has a maximum resolution of Full HD so in the game I have a resolution of 1920x1080, the scaling is at 300% and all the other features are at the highest. The rest of my equipment is a processor i7-6700. It reaches that speed even when I am in the menu, it is something exasperating because I think that the graphics should be left over because in other games it does not work as much as when it is even in the menu or in the game. Someone who knows that I can
Seddon Atkinson

Re: my graphics fans work too hard

#2 Post by Seddon Atkinson » 27 Sep 2021 18:49

Just to let you know you're not alone. My pc has never done this before. It started as soon as the latest ets2 update installed. System crashing and fans spinning at crazy speeds. My ETS2 is now unusable.
Dolly Knots

#3 Post by Dolly Knots » 30 Sep 2021 19:18

My system crashed whilst in the main menu and fans were overworking. My friend told me to check V-sync in the main ets options. If it's OFF turn it back to ON. I did this and everything is running perfect again. No idea why this would work but it did.
CarbonGTGaming

#4 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 30 Sep 2021 23:33

Or if you have Nvidia Control panel on your pc you can find ETS2 check the V-sync box on that’s what I’ve done I heard it’s better then the build in V-sync
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Oct 2021 11:46

There has been lots of issues, now and in the past, in SCS games and in others, regarding graphic cards trying to squeeze insane amounts of FPS on the menus of the game. As those menus are way easy to render, they reach absurd values over 600 in some cases, where the limit it's just the card can't work harder thus be more hot and the vents ramp up to the max due that kind of things

Enable VSYNC is a bypass of that kind of issues but not the root cause neither a proper solution (because it could interest one person to not to have it active while playing)
Seddon Atkinson

#6 Post by Seddon Atkinson » 01 Oct 2021 19:36

I just switched vsync ON and the pc crashing and fan issues has gone. Until there is a proper fix, if ever that happens! i'm happy to have ets up and running again. Thanks guys for the info.
CarbonGTGaming

#7 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 02 Oct 2021 13:34

I knew that would work glad your fixed it
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Oct 2021 14:14

Seddon Atkinson wrote: 01 Oct 2021 19:36Until there is a proper fix, if ever that happens!
I'm not sure you can expect a "fix". If it would be a general problem cause by a change in the game, lot of people would be affected. But when that kind of news appear, a pattern don't use to be found. Or even if it is, sometimes it's not the game's fault.

As a very recent example, the Amazon's "New World" video game had those problems arose in the mass media recently; with lots of people complaining about that kind of overheating and ulterior failure of RTX3090 cards (so, it was allegedly "bricking" $1,500 MSRP GPUs, not a joke). Last news I see about that are from EVGA that detected in some of their cards a defect in the manufacturing process of the VGA that arose in the way that game worked with the card. No idea about cards of other manufacturers, if they were ever affected too. Go imagine.

Best you can do is to open a bug report with all the relevant info, game log and crash log and let the devs know exactly what happened.

Regards

Return to “Technical Problems”