64 FPS Lock

Nexx0n

64 FPS Lock

#1 Post by Nexx0n » 14 Oct 2021 22:02

Hey,

My game is locked at 64 FPS and idk why.
V-Sync is deactivated, ingame and in nvidia control panel.
I already reinstalled the game but it didnt fixed it.
It would be awsome if someone knows how to fix it

Nexx0n
busted85

Re: 64 FPS Lock

#2 Post by busted85 » 15 Oct 2021 02:16

I have been having the same issue for a few updates now. Not only on my machine but on my son's computer also. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work for me.
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Oct 2021 06:32

How you measure the FPS? Try another source for that data
Nexx0n

#4 Post by Nexx0n » 15 Oct 2021 10:53

Some newbie driver wrote: 15 Oct 2021 06:32 How you measure the FPS? Try another source for that data
I measure the FPS with RivaTuner from MSI Afterburner and with the Gefroce Experience Overlay.
Both show me that i only have 64 Fps and my GPU and CPU arent really used (Both at 9%-30%). And I can feel that i only have 64 FPS, because i usually play with 144hz.
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Oct 2021 13:36

Don't trust in the utilization numbers for GPU and CPU; specially this last one. They are only aggregate values that creates and ENORMOUS over-simplification of how those hardware work. Not to mention that not all software can use hardware the same way (its well know that SCS games can use only under 2 complete cores of the CPU, while some players of New World would pray for that game to use LESS of his GPU before it ends fried).

Regarding the FPS value, 64 is a weird number. It doesn't match any value that would have sense regarding VSync (it's not the natural refresh rate neither a whole fraction). Neither if the Vsync source would be the game or the drivers. So it's not only that I trust you checked it, is that your setup should never cause that value to appear. GSync/FreeSync should be either the problem because the value should had to fluctuate, not to remain stable.

That's why I asked you how do you measure it; guessing that maybe something is working wrong between that measuring software and your SCS game installation. Try to disable both software and check with the simpler Steam FPS overlay to see if it states the same amount.

Also, I would double check the monitor is being detected and working at 144Hz. I've seen weird things happen in the past when a wrong communication with a monitor made Windows think it's dealing with a different refresh rate that the one it should be. Sometimes had been a problem of faulty cables. Sometime had been a thing about the driver messing with an specific game. Last to try would be a complete cleaning of the GPU driver and reinstall to be sure it's not enforcing a wrong ly configured profile to the game (you can see one thing on the menus, but it could be applying other values due some data corruption)

Those are all the things that came to my mind so far. That fixed 64Hz value is so weird that confuses me more than give me clues.

Regards
busted85

#6 Post by busted85 » 15 Oct 2021 16:34

I have tried with different programs to measure FPS but I still get the same results. I've checked multiple times that windows are reading the refresh rate of my monitor correctly. It's the only game I have an issue with it running that low. RDR2 runs fine close to 100pfs/ Battelfield near 100. I'm just at a loss of what is interfering and causing the problem.
Brian Benton

#7 Post by Brian Benton » 15 Oct 2021 18:13

@busted85, try a clean install of a fresh driver for your graphics card. Make sure your FPS is not fixed at 64 in Rivatuner.
Nexx0n

#8 Post by Nexx0n » 15 Oct 2021 22:20

Some newbie driver wrote: 15 Oct 2021 13:36 Don't trust in the utilization numbers for GPU and CPU; specially this last one. They are only aggregate values that creates and ENORMOUS over-simplification of how those hardware work. Not to mention that not all software can use hardware the same way (its well know that SCS games can use only under 2 complete cores of the CPU, while some players of New World would pray for that game to use LESS of his GPU before it ends fried).

Regarding the FPS value, 64 is a weird number. It doesn't match any value that would have sense regarding VSync (it's not the natural refresh rate neither a whole fraction). Neither if the Vsync source would be the game or the drivers. So it's not only that I trust you checked it, is that your setup should never cause that value to appear. GSync/FreeSync should be either the problem because the value should had to fluctuate, not to remain stable.

That's why I asked you how do you measure it; guessing that maybe something is working wrong between that measuring software and your SCS game installation. Try to disable both software and check with the simpler Steam FPS overlay to see if it states the same amount.

Also, I would double check the monitor is being detected and working at 144Hz. I've seen weird things happen in the past when a wrong communication with a monitor made Windows think it's dealing with a different refresh rate that the one it should be. Sometimes had been a problem of faulty cables. Sometime had been a thing about the driver messing with an specific game. Last to try would be a complete cleaning of the GPU driver and reinstall to be sure it's not enforcing a wrong ly configured profile to the game (you can see one thing on the menus, but it could be applying other values due some data corruption)

Those are all the things that came to my mind so far. That fixed 64Hz value is so weird that confuses me more than give me clues.

Regards
Im also very confused about that weird number of FPS. I disabled both software and checked my FPS with the Steam overlay. Nothing changed, still the same weird 64 Fps. The refreshrate didnt changed aswell. Am switching from Desktop to ingame very smoothly. No blackscreen or freeze that could be because of a refreshrate switch. I changed my monitor and monitorcable (DVI and HDMI), nothing changed.
And I recently switched to new a GPU, whrere I had to reinstall all GPU-Drivers too (The FPS Lock was the same with the old GPU).
I took two screenshots where you can see my FPS (I took both screenshots not in fullscreen-mode ingame, because I took the screenshots with snipping tool, but nothing changes if im in Fullscreenmode or not).
And I forgot to turn off V-Sync in the Screenshot, but nothing is changing either if V-Sync is activated or deactivated
edawdaw.PNG
sadmoment.PNG
sadmoment.PNG (9.36 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
Im so confused...
Nexx0n

#9 Post by Nexx0n » 15 Oct 2021 23:35

I found the problem. I searched on google for a 64 FPS cap, and what I found was so stupid. The problem is Razer Synapse (Razer RGB Software).
The software conncets to my keyboard LED´s and changed some LED effects. Every singel hotkey from ingame got a other color on my keyboard (As example L and W A S D on my keyboard was green).
I just had to deactived the conncetion from Razer Synapse to ETS2... Thats it...
bruhmoment.PNG
Nevertheless, thanks for the help and advice. I am very grateful that you tried to help me <3
busted85

#10 Post by busted85 » 16 Oct 2021 03:06

@NexxOn Thanks!!! I haven't messed with that program for so long and never even crossed my mind. But that also fixed my game too. Boy was that driving me nuts stuck at the frame rate.

Return to “Technical Problems”