Sudden Strange behaviour with 1.40 + mirrors

raptornet

Sudden Strange behaviour with 1.40 + mirrors

#1 Post by raptornet » 17 Oct 2021 08:43

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what is going on with my ETS2.

So recently the game was updated and it kind of broke the Volvo F12-16 series mod I was using. I used the option in steam to regress back to 1.40, the last version the mods worked in. All was going fine, until last night when suddenly all my mirrors stop refreshing and became still images. The only way to force them to update from a static image is to bring up the virtual mirrors, but as soon as you get rid of them, they freeze again.

I'm running ETS2 on a single monitor and all the suggestions I've read, seem to be directed at players with multiply screens. Such as reducing the FOV down to 20-50, none of which has helped.

I'm wondering if i should uninstall the game and reinstall.

I've removed all other mods, with the exception of a skin mod for the F series and the truck mod itself, which does say it's 1.40 compatible and I know it did work, least until last night.
Truckdrivr

Re: Sudden Strange behaviour with 1.40 + mirrors

#2 Post by Truckdrivr » 18 Oct 2021 08:04

sound to me like a mod issue, have you tried starting a new profile that you dont add mods to, and then see if you still have the problem? because for me personally i have been playing vanilla in 1.40, 1.41 and now 1.42OB and i have never experienced what you describe.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
Max
SCS Software

Re: Sudden Strange behaviour with 1.40 + mirrors

#3 Post by Max » 20 Oct 2021 06:01

IIRC there was tweaked mirror on-screen detection as a side-effect of electronic mirror mechanics support.
till then mirror were updated if their camera locator plus some area around were visible on screen (virtual mirror also force update as putting already generated texture onto mirror costs almost nothing in addition). but as electronic mirrors can be very far from their source camera, mirrors are detected by presence of mirror polygons on screen now. it should work much better than before in all cases. has this mod properly made mirrors or there is some mirror misuse or exploit?
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Technical Problems”