Moving profile to new PC

tom4sus

Moving profile to new PC

#1 Post by tom4sus » 17 Oct 2021 11:56

Hi,

recently I bought a new PC and I have problem with moving my game profile to it. I copied whole directory to he same location as on old PC (c:\user_name\OneDrive\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2), but when I run game, there is no profile here and I must create new one.

Can you help me restoring old profile?

Thanks, T.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Moving profile to new PC

#2 Post by Madkine » 17 Oct 2021 20:59

The simplest way is to set the profile to use steam cloud on the old PC and then load it on the new PC.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Underscore_101_

#3 Post by Underscore_101_ » 18 Oct 2021 05:03

Aside from what Madkine told you already, if you do it the way you tried initially you need to play the game first and after that replace the new files with the old ones.
From what you're saying I gather that you copied/moved/placed the files before playing the game.

edit just to be sure: of course make sure you have the old files saved in a safe place so they aren't written over by the new install, but I guess if you hadn't it would be too late to mention by now :-) /edit

tbh, i'm not sure if it works that easy when Onedrive is used, i stay away from that like it's the plague :-)
tobrago

#4 Post by tobrago » 18 Oct 2021 05:10

I also changed the computer and had no problems with the four profiles, the game loaded all four profiles without any problems. Most likely you made a mistake in the file / folder locations.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
tom4sus

#5 Post by tom4sus » 18 Oct 2021 17:05

I figured it out. On the old PC the profile was in c:\user_name\OneDrive\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2, on the new one for some reason in c:\user_name\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2.
The profile is back how.

Thank you guys, happy trucking :-)

Return to “Technical Problems”