1.42 FFB for Logitech G920

Leen

Re: 1.42 FFB for Logitech G920

#11 Post by Leen » 24 Oct 2021 05:32

The old one was a crime to ride with it and I have complain about in a topic when Supric his FFB won't work anymore and have go back to the old FFB by SCS, what a horrible feeling has it, this new one is much beteer
Chriss94

Re: 1.42 FFB for Logitech G29

#12 Post by Chriss94 » 25 Oct 2021 16:20

Deutsch:

Hey Ihr Lieben, ich hab folgendes Problem, mein Force Feed Back funktioniert nicht mehr, seit ich das Update 1.42 habe.

Ich bitte mir zu helfen bzw SCS Sofware bitte behebt das Problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chriss

Englisch:

Hey everyone,

I have the following problem, my Force Feed Back has stopped working since I got the 1.42 update.

Please help me or SCS software please fix the problem.

Kind regards
Chriss
Kruger S

#13 Post by Kruger S » 25 Oct 2021 18:18

Bad, very bad! It is not possible to set up adequate controls simulating the hydraulic steering system on the (logitech g25)
wujek600kv

#14 Post by wujek600kv » 25 Oct 2021 21:43

I need good presets for Logitech DFGT. Anybody helps me ?
forsythem

#15 Post by forsythem » 26 Oct 2021 00:15

Artrain wrote: 23 Oct 2021 14:06 Also on an unconnected note, the Engine Resonance makes the steering vibrate only when you're turning it, not when its stationary (like I think it used to do before?).
Glad to see somebody else mention this - this happened for me under 1.41 as well, and unchanged for 1.42. Any level of engine resonance activated only while turning the wheel, which kind of killed the realism of it, so I've turned it off (but would prefer to have it on if it behaved consistently).

Just wanted to add that I was having the same issues outlined above - noticable bump/pull in the centre of steering.

Without changing any settings, it fixed itself last night - but that was after ETS2 told me it had updated (this was subsequent to the 1.42 update itself).

Was an update pushed out yesterday that may have resolved the FFB issue? EDIT - I'm on the VR version, BTW.
Last edited by forsythem on 26 Oct 2021 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Artrain

#16 Post by Artrain » 28 Oct 2021 17:22

Nope its still not fixed for me. After playing around I'm noticing some other issues too.
1. Centring at high speed seems to do nothing. No matter if I'm at 20 or at 80, there's negligible resistance even if I raise it to full. On the contrary it seems to slightly increase the bump at centre issue for me, so I'll leave it to low for now.
2. Same way, Internal resistance seems to have only a small effect from lowest value to highest. But on the positive side, it seems to slightly reduce the bump-at-centre, so I'll take it.
3. Engine resonance as already mentioned cannot be felt when steering is stationary, which is not ideal, because I want to feel through my steering when the engine turns on and off. I also want to feel through my steering when the engine is loaded vs when its cruising (like uphill vs downhill difference). It is otherwise very difficult to gauge whether the road is flat or at an incline.
4. It was mentioned that cornering effect was made more realistic with this update, but I've yet to consistently feel it.
5. It seems that steering resistance as a effect of load on the truck was removed? Cause again I cannot feel the difference when truck is moving uphill vs downhill like I used to earlier (with the steering getting slightly tighter on positive inclines).

As opposed to these, Centring at low speed setting seems to have quite a noticeable impact. I've not taken this at more than half value yet, as at that point it was getting too tight for me to comfortably turn with one hand. But that is a good thing in my opinion, as then the user is free to calibrate this to his preference. I wish the other settings also had such broad range of effects between the minimum and maximum value.
Littlefazer

#17 Post by Littlefazer » 29 Oct 2021 20:40

Leen wrote: 24 Oct 2021 05:32 The old one was a crime to ride with it and I have complain about in a topic when Supric his FFB won't work anymore and have go back to the old FFB by SCS, what a horrible feeling has it, this new one is much beteer
Supric's plugin doesn't work anymore? I was just doing some testing and it was definatly working, maybe part of it is broken but not that I could tell in the short test. Overall the new scs ffb feels like supric's plugin but I didn't have issue with supric's and I do have issues with the scs ffb so Supric's wins atm. Scs's old ffb was just horrible.
Leen

#18 Post by Leen » 31 Oct 2021 13:51

It still the same overhere the Supric mod doesn't work for some reason, but I'm satisfied with the new FFB by SCS

Return to “Technical Problems”