ETS2 Graphics Refresh Rates Imbalance

barry

ETS2 Graphics Refresh Rates Imbalance

#1 Post by barry » 25 Oct 2021 20:39

Hi all. I hope i can explain my question suitably so it's understandable.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus 1440 monitor which can display upto 165Mhz refresh rate. I used to have an Nvidia 2060 and now an AMD 6800Xt, both of which have the same problem, noticably the display blurs when turning the wheel at any refresh rate greater than 60Mhz. Apart from 60Mhz, the higher the refresh rate, the greater the blur -is it stutter? i.d.k. I cannot for the life of me understand why this should occur unless there is an imbalance between the games internal engine and refresh rates. It matters not if Vsync is on or off, static refresh rates or variable rates, the results are the same. I know the game is quite old now and has been upgraded to use x64bit, but the question remains, what is it about the graphics refresh rates that cause this to happen above 60Mhz.

I have largely eradicated owned trailer stutter through finding out which mods cause/increase stutter/pauses, however, could the same above graphics imbalance be likely for owned trailers i.w.o pauses, surges, stutters?

Regards
two_aunt

Re: ETS2 Graphics Refresh Rates Imbalance

#2 Post by two_aunt » 29 Oct 2021 11:36

barry wrote: 25 Oct 2021 20:39 Hi all. I hope i can explain my question suitably so it's understandable.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus 1440 monitor which can display upto 165Mhz refresh rate. I used to have an Nvidia 2060 and now an AMD 6800Xt, both of which have the same problem, noticably the display blurs when turning the wheel at any refresh rate greater than 60Mhz. Apart from 60Mhz, the higher the refresh rate, the greater the blur -is it stutter? i.d.k. I cannot for the life of me understand why this should occur unless there is an imbalance between the games internal engine and refresh rates. It matters not if Vsync is on or off, static refresh rates or variable rates, the results are the same. I know the game is quite old now and has been upgraded to use x64bit, but the question remains, what is it about the graphics refresh rates that cause this to happen above 60Mhz.

I have largely eradicated owned trailer stutter through finding out which mods cause/increase stutter/pauses, however, could the same above graphics imbalance be likely for owned trailers i.w.o pauses, surges, stutters?

Regards
:) Need to provide your hardware information, system version, graphics card driver version, game graphics settings.
two_aunt

#3 Post by two_aunt » 29 Oct 2021 11:48

noticably the display blurs when turning the wheel at any refresh rate greater than 60Mhz.
According to your description, the blur at this time should be that the picture is tearing.

However, there are many reasons for the blurred picture, and there are different solutions. You need to provide a more detailed status report. :)

The specific model of the display, the interface and cable used when connecting with the graphics card, whether there is an application program for downloading Gigabyte control display, the floating of your frame number and the use of mod.
barry

#4 Post by barry » 29 Oct 2021 23:33

Hi. Here goes:

Asus TUF Gaming Plus X570 Wi-Fi.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600.
Corsair 16GB DDR4 Ram @3200Mhz.
Samung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 drive.
Gigabyte Gaming OC 16GB RX 6800XT Graphics Card.
Corsair RM850 ATX PSU.
Creative Labs AE-5 Plus Sound Card.
Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q Curved Monitor connected through the display port @144Mhz.
Windoze 10 Pro
Typical framerates are in the region of 270.5 f.p.s V/Sync off, V/Sync on = the refresh rate.
All Drivers/Operating system patches are upto date.
I built this system over the past 2 months as an upgrade.

The only mods i use are:
RusMap 2.4.2. (very infrequent slight stutter).
Project NG2.0 Textures(base).
Project NG2.0 Weather(default).
Increased Delivery Time.
SCS-TSRM_v6.0_ALL_IN_ONE -Truck Engine Sound Mod.
Arayas's SuperTraffic140MED.

As you can see i only have the RusMap installed as it only generates a couple of errors in the Game.Log file.

The main p.i.t.a mod for me and my system is Promods, it's a stutter fest with, and i admit to a lesser effect, without owned trailers (which prompts me to ask a technical question shortly). It also effects other maps that are loaded as well, case in point is the RusMap mod with does stutter with Promods but no without ProMods. Mods which give rise to micro-pausing and i've no idea why, are Jazzycats stuff -though not the painted traffic stuff- and the Brutal weather mod, the last i believe is where the weather changes so rapidly that it slows down the flow of the game thus causing micro-stutters.

Consequently i don't think it's my system at all, as my previous system -though much lower in specs- encountered the same problems.

Oh yes, my technical question:

Am i right or wrong in thinking the Game.log is refreshed when either a repeated error occurs, or a new one occurs? The reason i ask is, if it does indeed refresh the Game.Log file in real time when encountering either an existing error or a new error, could this be a cause of stuttering as it refreshes the Game.log. If it doesn't then the question is answered. Thus continuing my technical question, If the Game.Log is refreshed in real time throughout gameplay, is there a way to turn it off. A -NoLog or -DisableLog command switch to further minimise any interaction during gameplay.

I appreciate the help.

Regards
Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 30 Oct 2021 01:23

The game log isn't refreshed, but every time an error/warning occurs it gets written to the log. So yes if you have lots of errors then it can impact on performance.
If you have enough errors to affect performance, I'd suggest updating or removing the mods causing the errors.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
MrAbner

#6 Post by MrAbner » 30 Oct 2021 06:08

barry. Question marks can help immensely.

Sorry... carry on...
barry

#7 Post by barry » 30 Oct 2021 07:11

@Madkine "Ahh thank you for that gem". "That proves otherwise with the general consencus -i assume began in the Promods forum- that the huge amount of 'garage'' errors in the Game.Log has no impact in performance". "Thus as per my mod list above, no ProMods on my system". ;)

@MrAbner "Duly noted my friend, but the last time i was in school learning grammatical punctuation was around 50 years ago, therefore i must beg forgiveness for any mistakes i make". :D

Regards
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 30 Oct 2021 09:37

The garage errors could cause a delay when loading, but wouldn't be an issue after that. Stuttering will only happen when the log is being written.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
barry

#9 Post by barry » 30 Oct 2021 15:08

"Thanks for the info". "Very Helpful". :mrgreen:

Regards
two_aunt

#10 Post by two_aunt » 31 Oct 2021 18:16

barry wrote: 29 Oct 2021 23:33 Hi. Here goes:

Asus TUF Gaming Plus X570 Wi-Fi.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600.
Corsair 16GB DDR4 Ram @3200Mhz.
Samung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 drive.
Gigabyte Gaming OC 16GB RX 6800XT Graphics Card.
Corsair RM850 ATX PSU.
Creative Labs AE-5 Plus Sound Card.
Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q Curved Monitor connected through the display port @144Mhz.
Windoze 10 Pro
Typical framerates are in the region of 270.5 f.p.s V/Sync off, V/Sync on = the refresh rate.
All Drivers/Operating system patches are upto date.
I built this system over the past 2 months as an upgrade.

The only mods i use are:
RusMap 2.4.2. (very infrequent slight stutter).
Project NG2.0 Textures(base).
Project NG2.0 Weather(default).
Increased Delivery Time.
SCS-TSRM_v6.0_ALL_IN_ONE -Truck Engine Sound Mod.
Arayas's SuperTraffic140MED.

As you can see i only have the RusMap installed as it only generates a couple of errors in the Game.Log file.

The main p.i.t.a mod for me and my system is Promods, it's a stutter fest with, and i admit to a lesser effect, without owned trailers (which prompts me to ask a technical question shortly). It also effects other maps that are loaded as well, case in point is the RusMap mod with does stutter with Promods but no without ProMods. Mods which give rise to micro-pausing and i've no idea why, are Jazzycats stuff -though not the painted traffic stuff- and the Brutal weather mod, the last i believe is where the weather changes so rapidly that it slows down the flow of the game thus causing micro-stutters.

Consequently i don't think it's my system at all, as my previous system -though much lower in specs- encountered the same problems.

Oh yes, my technical question:

Am i right or wrong in thinking the Game.log is refreshed when either a repeated error occurs, or a new one occurs? The reason i ask is, if it does indeed refresh the Game.Log file in real time when encountering either an existing error or a new error, could this be a cause of stuttering as it refreshes the Game.log. If it doesn't then the question is answered. Thus continuing my technical question, If the Game.Log is refreshed in real time throughout gameplay, is there a way to turn it off. A -NoLog or -DisableLog command switch to further minimise any interaction during gameplay.

I appreciate the help.

Regards
OK, I checked the parameters of your monitor. Your problem should lie in two places. You need to check it. :)

NO.1:
Your monitor has two hdmi2 interfaces and one dp1.4 interface, but your cable may not support it. If you use the old video cable or the data cable provided by the monitor, you may only support HDMI (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4) DP (1.0, 1.1a, 1.2, 1.2a, 1.3). The higher the version, the greater the refresh rate and resolution it supports. If the cable bandwidth is insufficient during transmission, the picture will be blurred.

Code: Select all

AORUS_CV27Q_UM_SC_20190725.pdf
时序表 HDMI 2.0 Display Port 1.4
640x480@60Hz √ √
640x480@75Hz √ √
720x480@60Hz √ √
720x576P@50Hz √ √
800x600@60Hz √ √
800x600@75Hz √ √
1024x768@60Hz √ √
1280x720@60Hz √ √
1280x720@100Hz √ √
1280x720@120Hz √ √
1920x1080@60Hz √ √
1920x1080@120Hz √ √
1920x1080@144Hz √ X
1920x1080@165Hz X √
2560x1440@60Hz √ √
2560x1440@120Hz √ √
2560x1440@144Hz √ √
2560x1440@165Hz X √
So when you only have 60 frames, the picture is stable, and the bandwidth of the cable is enough to transmit it.

NO.2
Your monitor supports [freesync] technology, Check to see if your monitor has this feature turned on. this function requires (HDMI2.0 and DP) line to work normally.You can google the specific information of this function, and as far as I know, there are bugs in the protocol and processing of DP on AMD's graphics card.
Last edited by two_aunt on 31 Oct 2021 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Problems”