FPS issue since last update

ArtyCylinder875

Re: FPS issue since last update

#11 Post by ArtyCylinder875 » 25 Nov 2021 05:24

I was able to move some storage files around and free up a drive. I installed a copy of Windows on it, downloaded steam and ETS2, and ran it in DirectX 11 mode and was getting 143 FPS on the in game menu. So the problem lies somewhere in the original version of Windows - be it a setting, or a program installed that is causing a conflict with this version of ETS2 and ATS. While I am still very interested in getting to the bottom of this, I have a workable solution now in that I'll just have to restart my computer and load the other version of Windows to play.
Madkine
Global moderator

#12 Post by Madkine » 25 Nov 2021 08:14

Thanks @xXCARL1992Xx . I should have checked my own game log first.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Some newbie driver

#13 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 08:15

I've seen other times weird behaviors with some capturing software or other programs that put overlays when playing in full screen (I recall even some people having to disable Steam Overlay on some specific computers). Worth a try before having to do a whole format and reinstall.
ArtyCylinder875

#14 Post by ArtyCylinder875 » 03 Dec 2021 15:27

@Some newbie driver I always have Steam overlay turned off. I never stream my gameplay (I'm too boring and inconsistent for anyone to want to follow). I do use the FPS overlay from nvidia (only FPS 99.9% of the time, with the single exception to show performance overlay to make the video posted above) but that has never caused issues, nor does it cause issues on the 2nd copy of windows where I have ETS2 running perfect now. The only pain is having to restart my computer every time I want to play ETS2 because it is the only thing installed on the 2nd install of windows. I'd like to resolve the issue eventually so I can get my drive back (currently have a 1tb SSD just for playing ETS2 - that's a massive waste of space), and be able to have everything back on a single copy of Windows so I don't have to go back and forth.

Return to “Technical Problems”