Recovery of Profile Data

shifty703

Recovery of Profile Data

#1 Post by shifty703 » 26 Nov 2021 18:17

I'm trying to find some help recovering my backup profile data that I have 440+ hours and 7 years invested in! That being said I can do some not-so smart things trying to fix my computer problems.

I was trying to investigate a CTD problem by removing and changing Mods. The CTD happened at delivery, after the parking selection screen. At the Press T to unload trailer, -crash-. When I tried to just abandon the delivery by selceting a quick job, it would tell me I had to finish the delivery I had in progress, and the Abandon Job button was "greyed out". When I went back to the job it would always be the last 10 feet to the parking spot, then crash again.

I decided to just remove all mods and try to start fresh. When the screen came up to select which saved game I wanted to continue, I made my dumb mistake. I selcted each saved game and deleted them, thinking this would get me back to the home garage area to start another delivery to see if removing the mods would solve my issue. Instead, I was brought to the opening screens of the game, select your companies headquarters, select your logo, etc. I am back at level 0, 0km driven. (I was something like level 44 before) Panic!

I went to my documents and see years of "steam_profiles(*.**.*.**).bak" files there, so I was hoping that something would be stored of my profile that could restore my progress, but nothing I do seems to bring my data back. I have tried copying the 2 folders contained in those "steam_profiles(1.42.1.0s).bak" (for example) into the "steam_profiles" and-or "profiles" folders, but when I return, I'm still at level 0. (I noticed that the file name-numbers in all of the .bak folders are exactly the same, is that supposed to be that way?)

If anyone can help me bring back my profile and explain it to me in simple terms as if I'm not very bright - becasue i'm really not some days- I'd certainly appreciate it. Going back to the start would be frustrating, but not the worst thing in the world I guess.

Return to “Technical Problems”