strange light glitch

hereiscurtis

strange light glitch

#1 Post by hereiscurtis » 30 Nov 2021 16:22

HELP! strange light glitch here, all my truck light & traffic light looked like this from yesterday all of a sudden, after i disabled all mods it went back to normal, but once i activated ANY MOD in my manager this glitch came out again. What should i do?

[ external image ]
Last edited by supersobes on 30 Nov 2021 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link to embed properly.
A Volvo & Scania lover here
hereiscurtis

Re: strange light glitch

#2 Post by hereiscurtis » 30 Nov 2021 16:46

https://pb.nichi.co/cage-abstract-riot
Pic is here. Sry for inconvenience
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2021 22:20

You probably had one or several very outdated mods. You need to check all your mods are properly updated for the current version of the game you are playing; specially when the new version brings changes as relevant as the new lighting in 1.40 that probably is the root cause of all those problems you suffer.

Regards
hereiscurtis

#4 Post by hereiscurtis » 01 Dec 2021 00:19

Some newbie driver wrote: 30 Nov 2021 22:20 You probably had one or several very outdated mods. You need to check all your mods are properly updated for the current version of the game you are playing; specially when the new version brings changes as relevant as the new lighting in 1.40 that probably is the root cause of all those problems you suffer.

Regards
But if a mod has outdated it should be incompatible with this version am i right? I couldn't use the outdated mod in the game
bobgrey1997

#5 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Dec 2021 00:31

You can use any mod. Even if the mod manager shows it as incompatible, it will still let you load it, it just might crash in the process.
Have you tried each mod individually, or have just tried some at random?
If you don't use too many mods, just try loading the game with one mod at a time and work your way down your list.
If you have too many for this, then you can try the half-and-half method.

Load half of your mods and see if the issue occurs. If not, disable those mods and load the other half.
If the issue occurs, disable half of the currently enabled mods (so, you will keep a quarter of the original mods). Again, if the issue does not happen, switch to the other half of that initial half. Once it occurs, cut the active mods in half again. Eventually, you will work your way down to just one mod, and that mod will be the cause of the problem. To confirm, load ALL of your mods EXCEPT for that one and see if the issue occurs.
If, at any time, the issue occers in both halves, just continue with one of those sets. Once you find the oroblem mod of that set, go to the other set.

If, at any time, the issue does not happen in either half, it could be caused by an incompatibility of multiple mods. At this point, I'd recommend testing all of the mods in that particular set in pairs. Start with the first two mods, then test tye second and third together, then the third and fourth, and so on.

Just based on the screenshot, I'd say this is either a flare mod or a mod that changes the signals used for prefabs.
The game log might also be useful. Try looking for flare-related errors in it.
hereiscurtis

#6 Post by hereiscurtis » 01 Dec 2021 03:43

bobgrey1997 wrote: 01 Dec 2021 00:31 You can use any mod. Even if the mod manager shows it as incompatible, it will still let you load it, it just might crash in the process.
Have you tried each mod individually, or have just tried some at random?
If you don't use too many mods, just try loading the game with one mod at a time and work your way down your list.
If you have too many for this, then you can try the half-and-half method.

Load half of your mods and see if the issue occurs. If not, disable those mods and load the other half.
If the issue occurs, disable half of the currently enabled mods (so, you will keep a quarter of the original mods). Again, if the issue does not happen, switch to the other half of that initial half. Once it occurs, cut the active mods in half again. Eventually, you will work your way down to just one mod, and that mod will be the cause of the problem. To confirm, load ALL of your mods EXCEPT for that one and see if the issue occurs.
If, at any time, the issue occers in both halves, just continue with one of those sets. Once you find the oroblem mod of that set, go to the other set.

If, at any time, the issue does not happen in either half, it could be caused by an incompatibility of multiple mods. At this point, I'd recommend testing all of the mods in that particular set in pairs. Start with the first two mods, then test tye second and third together, then the third and fourth, and so on.

Just based on the screenshot, I'd say this is either a flare mod or a mod that changes the signals used for prefabs.
The game log might also be useful. Try looking for flare-related errors in it.
Thanks for typing so much for answering!
Due to this glitch never occurred before, i paid more attention to testing mods i added these days; and i'll follow ur advice testing all my 56 mods later😊

Btw does the priority of mods effect the bug?
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Dec 2021 04:11

Priority can effect it. If it is a conflict between multiple mods, then the order in which the conflicting files are loaded could change the results. For example, if you use both a flare mod and a custom signals mod, and the custom signals mod has its own flares, then giving the higher priority to the flares mod might be causing those modded flares to not work right with the custom signals. In this case, giving priority to the signals mod might fix it because it loads with the correct flares.

I have no clue how mods adding these things work, so this is just an example.
hereiscurtis

#8 Post by hereiscurtis » 01 Dec 2021 05:46

bobgrey1997 wrote: 01 Dec 2021 04:11 Priority can effect it. If it is a conflict between multiple mods, then the order in which the conflicting files are loaded could change the results. For example, if you use both a flare mod and a custom signals mod, and the custom signals mod has its own flares, then giving the higher priority to the flares mod might be causing those modded flares to not work right with the custom signals. In this case, giving priority to the signals mod might fix it because it loads with the correct flares.

I have no clue how mods adding these things work, so this is just an example.
hey bro i'm coming here to tell u problem has been solved!! It was caused by one of my trailer mod, i deactivated it then game returned normal. A big thank to you my guy :))
bobgrey1997

#9 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Dec 2021 14:03

Huh. A trailer mod? That's odd. I'd have never guessed to even look for that.
Did you end up using the half-and-half to narrow it down?

Glad you got it solved!
Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Dec 2021 19:16

Mods that recklessly change what they shouldn't... Glad you find the problem, enjoy.

And remember, keep them up to date; it will save you lots of headaches.

Regards

Return to “Technical Problems”