Brazilian Portuguese - translation corrections

Theosz

Brazilian Portuguese - translation corrections

#1 Post by Theosz » 20 Jul 2015 17:50

sorry if this is not the correct section, but I did search and not find out the place to ask translation correction to my idiom.

these are OLD problems and I have time now to ask corrections

screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofzxw5vaa0qa ... xE7Wa?dl=0

thx
Last edited by Deemer on 20 Jul 2015 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Bugs 1.19.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Theosz

Re: Brazilian Portuguese - translation corrections

#2 Post by Theosz » 20 Jul 2015 18:35

thx ScaniaLoverr.

Unfortunately, another post that will be "forgotten" by SCS since I discovered that others have made these requests since last year(or before), and nothing was done. Sorry for not being so important to this enterprise and I losed my time.
Last edited by Theosz on 20 Jul 2015 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
cleber_oro

#3 Post by cleber_oro » 20 Jul 2015 18:50

I agree +1
Theosz

#4 Post by Theosz » 24 Jul 2015 17:03

It is disappointing. Nothing done in newer ETS2 v1.19x. When first post was wrote? 2013? nothing done until now?

This is killing my taste for playing ETS2. It is not the same like before. Hitchs low. Now, the incorrect translations never fixed: letters missing in words, gramatical errors, manage what?...it is hard living in this big jungle called Brazil.

what Max can do (if wish)?
Brazil... shanty towns
PetersonHenrique

#6 Post by PetersonHenrique » 26 Dec 2018 11:19

I found a mistake, I used the GOTO command on the console, and when I wrote the name of the city correctly, the game said that the city did not exist, so I had to search the city name on Google and type the name of the city without translation to be able to function.

City name in PT-BR: Groninga
City name in IN-US: Groningen

Note, I play in Brazilian Portuguese.
Attachments
screenshot002.jpg
screenshot001.jpg
IonutL

#7 Post by IonutL » 26 Dec 2018 16:23

The only places where the names of the cities and countries are in your desired language would be the world map, the job list and the trip adviser. For everything else the game uses the default names that it was developed upon. So the console only recognizes the english language names or shortcuts of them.
Theosz

#8 Post by Theosz » 28 Dec 2018 18:20

There are others errors like this but I lazy to report because it was ok before this damage "translation" to PT-BR since v1.33 and didn't need any change.

Groningen is Groningen; Gdansk is Gdansk; When I said 'Estetino' some polish will understand that is Szczecin written fully different? is the same sounds at least?

PS:
IonutL wrote: 26 Dec 2018 16:23 The only places where the names of the cities and countries are in your desired language would be the world map, the job list and the trip adviser. For everything else the game uses the default names that it was developed upon. So the console only recognizes the english language names or shortcuts of them.
These "news and cool" translations are bizarre, totally weird. ONU did this ? Google Maps did this? shame, shame, shame... to no say others words.

If a person travels thru|to many countries so on each country his name should be spoken and written in different ways? Não, né? or, at least, respect the sound to the foreigner can recognize? why did that to the cities? and worst, not for anothers?

ok, there are the regionalisms... The problems are the "regionalisms" - Lorraini, Maiquel, Diorgi, Bridjit ( \o/) The Australian Jewelery Bunda; French rugby player Louis Picamoles.

"Szczecin at Polland is ridiculous". How can I ask for a poland turist if they live at "Estetino"? (If I write will be worst) He will say: WHAT? I did not understand. This is only one example :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brazil... shanty towns

Return to “Portuguese (Brazil)”