facelift to screens of the game to fit translations

Theosz

facelift to screens of the game to fit translations

#1 Post by Theosz » 04 Jun 2019 14:58

about interface and translations: (1.35 beta)

Is there any project to review and redesign the game screens interface (ATS / ETS2)?

I ask because it does not seem to be the most practical, standardized and easy to use, besides the problem of spaces for translation, at least for my language, where there is a wrong separation of words, besides using some meaningless correct in this language.

manager is different of management - 'gerente' is different of 'gerenciamento'
'concessionárias': cannot separation "r" and "ias" because must be together, so can use separation (hifen) after "á"
"concessioná-
rias"
PS: we DO NOT speak "Loja de Caminhões"
[ external image ]
doesn't fit the entire word or do the correct separation :
'situa-
ção'
[ external image ]
'Morotista atual' is more appropriate IMO. after all who is the user? is the driver
[ external image ]
if "ão" is in line below, the correct is put together with "ç", so must be
"situa-"
"ção"
but better if the interface were redone to put "situação" at same line
When we, brazilians, do a research in Google for "trailer" we see promotional parts of the new movie!! XD trailer means that is it for us ;-)
[ external image ]
---5 wrong sort for translated terms (kind/type and garage name)
[ external image ]

PLEAse, do a facelift in ATS/ETS2 interface

TY
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Tiger313

Re: facelift to screens of the game to fit translations

#2 Post by Tiger313 » 04 Jun 2019 15:05

I support this request. If that were my native language, it would annoy me too. It's not nit picking if you get confronted by language rules being broken, every time you open the UI.
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#3 Post by Andre_AW » 01 Sep 2019 16:54

Hello, Theosz!

The interface cannot be redrawn to fit all translated words, but translators do their best to find plavaras that fit the current interface.

example: the word "Gerenciamento de (X)" is too large to fit the interface, so the current one is correct.

some words are not translated because they are words that can be understood in English. example: Trailer - Reboque, Status - Situação

the only change i see necessary to make is in the driver manager, in the word Trailer

Reboque for Trailer
Theosz

#4 Post by Theosz » 28 Sep 2019 17:51

I understand somethings about not fit at screen so need be fixed to fit in some new version of the game. There are space to facelift

I disagree because one thing is brazilian portuguese, other is english. I would like you could be a true brazilian to understand that. If I understand you, the word 'status', trailer, upgrade, are not translated for any language, am I right? is that the logic?

The point is not the fact the who knows some english can understand "status" for example. The points are two in fact: 1) There are no 'Status' neither 'Trailer' neither 'upgrade' words in brazilian language so MUST be translated if exists the fact and space to be translated. If I follow you 'logic" any words of the menu should be translated because "everybody can understand' - russianss, japaneses, romanians, arabians, tchecoslovaquians,... really? What those people thing about that?
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#5 Post by Andre_AW » 16 Oct 2019 13:58

@Theosz yes i understand, but look i can't do much if the interface of the game was not designed for big words of another language. What we translators do is try to adjust words that can fit the interface.

The cropped words, as shown in your photos above, are an example that we translate because, the interface does not allow the word to appear complete, so we are required to change.

If you can get Portuguese words that can have almost the same English vowel numbers and can fit in the interface, feel free to post here. :)
Theosz

#6 Post by Theosz » 16 Oct 2019 20:50

TY for your answer despite so long time, maybe a deserved vacation. I understand now your situation.

1) 'reboque' vs 'trailer'
If I understand correctly, the headings of the columns are divided into two lines and currently, for example, there is "reboqu" on one line and "e", the remaining letter, on the other line behind.

So, I think it is possible for syllabic separation to temporarily circumvent the problem, so we would have "rebo-" on one line and "que" on the other line of the column heading, respeitando as regras básicas de gramática portuguesa.

There are several similar examples that can do this without exceeding the current interface limit.

2) "concessionaria" vs truck 'dealer'
similar above. just need, at least, follow the brazilian portuguese grammatical rules syllabic separation.

3) "situação" vs "status"
similar above. just need, at least, follow the brazilian portuguese grammatical rules syllabic separation. leving one vogal alone is it's unacceptable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
let's waiting the interface facelift for soon, after all v1.36 still in beta XD and manage trailers this way is not good

TY
Brazil... shanty towns

Return to “Portuguese (Brazil)”