Some wrong translations have returned [pt-br]

Theosz

Some wrong translations have returned [pt-br]

#1 Post by Theosz » 28 Sep 2019 18:48

Hello SCS Team

Since 1.35.3.4 some correct translations did by this SCS Team have returned to be wrong! So, here I am, again, using my time, to request all the translations that need to be redone (and to do) into real Brazilian Portuguese with consideration and respect we deserve (don't we? so doesn't need to be done?)!

I used on over the screenshots to be more easy to SCS Team understand and remember

1) Situação
[ external image ]
2) Reboque (singular), Situação
[ external image ]
3) (should at least separate the syllables correctly)
[ external image ]
4) Reboque (singular), Situação
[ external image ]
5) (they should at least separate the syllables correctly. Who told you to make such a small space without thinking about the translations :lol: :lol: ? I only imagine the headache for Germans who usually have very long words. lol)
[ external image ]
6) do (minúsculo|tiny as in the other buttons)
[ external image ]
7) Cabine, Chassi, Motor, Transmissão, Interior should be in plural words because Pinturas and Acessórios estão... (Cabines) (or all in plural or all in singular to keep standard, default!
[ external image ]
8) Cabine, Chassi, Motor, Transmissão, Interior deveriam estar no plural (Chassis)
[ external image ]
9) Cabine, Chassi, Motor, Transmissão, Interior deveriam estar no plural (Motores)
[ external image ]
10) Cabine, Chassi, Motor, Transmissão, Interior deveriam estar no plural (Transmissões)
[ external image ]
11) Interiores
[ external image ]
12) ok in plural
[ external image ]
13) ok
[ external image ]
14) ok
[ external image ]

I took a long time to make this general for you, so ... "ajuda aí"
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Oct 2019 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Game Localization" to "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Game Localization > Wrong Translations > Portuguese (Brazil)"
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Theosz

Re: Some wrong translations have returned [pt-br]

#2 Post by Theosz » 18 Oct 2019 19:13

I think that ATS team translation was did better work chaging to some similar or words that can be used despite a little bit strange. "concessionária", for example. Doesn't fit? but that team changed, like "compra de reboques", to... "Compra de caminhões". and we have.

pt-br "Somos um povo criativo quando queremos..., quando queremos... resolver um problema, rapazes"

I expect that these translations were did and mainly keep it

TY
Last edited by Theosz on 22 Oct 2019 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
Tarso
Beta tester

#3 Post by Tarso » 21 Oct 2019 18:42

Ok buddy let's get to the bottom of this:

1- "status" has pretty common use here and it wasn't needed at all to change, but i did and will observe the results once they come out;

2- The translation is done observing the original concordance of the English UI sentences, in this case all those headers are singular; ("reboque" will look like in pic3 with the lonely "e" in the line below)

3,4 - As you already have been told many times, the problem of the UI not separating sillabes has no timeframe to be solved as of now, repeating this kind of reports serves no purpose, i suggest you wait patiently instead;

5- "concessionária" same as 3,4 above / "Upgrades" as Status is pretty common used here too, but again i changed it to "Melhorias" on both as it fits too;

6- "Do" fixed to "do";

7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 - The wrong was exclusive to "Pinturas" that should be in singular as in English version of UI, only accesories must be in plural in this screen.

To further clarification:

- Translation of item 2 will be submited to observation and might change back to "trailer" as it fits better the collumn header and as said above, there is no timeframe set for fixing the UI the way it would work better with every language out there;
- ATS and ETS2 share the same base strings for translation, there is no difference in the translations between them, what can happen is they get translation updates in different dates.

Edit: The updated strings will come out in the future, in the next translation update.
Theosz wrote: 18 Oct 2019 19:13 pr-br "Somos um povo criativo quando queremos..., quando queremos... resolver um problema, rapazes"
PT: E como você disse, somos criativos sim, mas também procuramos problemas aonde não existem sem necessidade as vezes ;)
EN: And as you said, yes we're creative, but also seek problem where they don't exist without need sometimes ;)
Last edited by Tarso on 22 Oct 2019 19:35, edited 2 times in total.
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#4 Post by Andre_AW » 21 Oct 2019 19:03

please, hope all doubts have been answered with the above post, there is no need to discuss this again.

@Tarso great explanation ;)
Theosz

#5 Post by Theosz » 22 Oct 2019 17:39

Thank you for explanations @Tarso @Andre_AW ...
Tarso wrote: 21 Oct 2019 18:42 ...- ATS and ETS2 share the same base strings for translation, there is no difference in the translations between them, what can happen is they get translation updates in different dates.
I do not understand this because the translations had already been done on both ATS and ETS2 and then downgraded possible on ETS2 returned the wrong translation as if I were not here to see the error coming back. why and who downgraded the translation? It can happen again?

*removed offensive part of the post*

I also requested the correction of a rear bumper light from Scania, DLC and what they told me? "known issue but we do not have a deadline for correction". The situation is "shut up q get my money" as they said in Simpsons?

Translated by Google Translator
Last edited by Wolfi on 22 Oct 2019 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please stay civilised.
Brazil... shanty towns
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#6 Post by Andre_AW » 22 Oct 2019 18:48

I understand, but look, not everything we want can be done and some things take time. ;)

By the way, sometimes I take too long to answer because I'm busy, I study and work and we my free time help SCS, so please be calm that not everything is as you think.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Oct 2019 19:10

@Theosz Just a reminder all translators are community volunteers who translate in their spare time. They are not SCS staff.

Translation is nothing to do with beta testers or moderators either (who are also volunteers), there just happens to be a couple of translators who are also in those groups.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Theosz

#8 Post by Theosz » 22 Oct 2019 22:32

IJ, know I respect and admire you so much not only as a modder but as a person and example to be followed. I hope the translation is good for you.

I understand that beta testers are volunteers and are not here to hear things they don't want and mutual respect is always good just as I am here for that too.

I understand that many things do not happen as we wish (much, really much) and we need patience, good commute and goodwill and that there are good justifications, but when there are not ...

I believe the essence of many things is communication, but I still don't know if miscommunication is worse than noisy communication.

I want to play my beloved game, be at peace with everything and everyone despite my lack of beauty, but accumulate situations and feelings that I find bad. I want to add, add to make the game bigger and better and a lot more people play. How can I do. "there a little issue there to be fixed"

Beta Tests, Moderators, Consultants, Developers, Managers .... whatever. The biggest question I ask myself: is this forum has real facilitators or barriers? Why should asking for simple and basic things become a storm in a wedding reception and even there is a respite not to be done?

If I inform you that when I execute the goto command and that for some cities I am moved upside down ... wow !!! it seems that if they had the opportunity they would throw a stone at me, it seems that I am asking for nonsense, something tremendously complicated. I am just asked to correct and put the player upside down after executing a goto command, but no. will leave it like this. Instead of having a simple OK from a moderator, a beta tester or whoever, "let's check and report status later" what do I have? real battles and foolish justifications trying to prove that what I have requested is out of place and that "it will not be done" ... but the worst is that times, months later, some are done. So what happens? it's personal? What happens?

If I inform: - in the list of trucks only "Iveco Stralis" appears and I can not identify which truck is, whether it is the new or the old. Wow! my God!! Ohaha, the "facilitator", insists that they are both Iveco Stralis (in fact "they are") and that they could not change the name, but I replied that one was Hi-Way and the other was not and that they could do so because as a player I will know who is who? after all they are two different trucks! just by clicking on the line and the photo appears. Boring!! After almost two years, two years, someone put their hand on their own conscience in SCS and put "Iveco Hi-Way" and "Iveco Stralis". OMG

If I pay for a DLC, I report that there is a problem with a light bulb because it is upside down, crooked, that there are some skins with minor problems, what do "barriers" say? We already know that and we don't have a repair schedule. How would you feel in my place? you already paid and can not use all, has no deadline or anything. That's because it was a simple light bulb. I think after so long they haven't fixed it yet, but you already paid. so, it is ok?

Here, I have these translation problems: I mean that I, Brazilian, who speak Portuguese-Brazilian language, I'm here in Brazil, near Rio de Janeiro, I don't have the right to play a translated, repeat, translated game, and see and read "situação", no meu idioma, instead of "status" because a beta tester doesn't think it's necessary????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What's offensive in the passage censured by Wolfi? There are no bad words, no names, no cursing, but only accounts of the experience of how things have been happening to me. I have the copy and I'm sending it to you if I haven't read it. I will respect your judgment.

To me, the censored text is just a denunciation of how I see things "working" to me. One thing I do not whant is problems, after all, problems exists to be solved
Brazil... shanty towns
Tarso
Beta tester

#9 Post by Tarso » 23 Oct 2019 19:50

Theosz wrote: 22 Oct 2019 22:32 Here, I have these translation problems: I mean that I, Brazilian, who speak Portuguese-Brazilian language, I'm here in Brazil, near Rio de Janeiro, I don't have the right to play a translated, repeat, translated game, and see and read "situação", no meu idioma, instead of "status" because a beta tester doesn't think it's necessary????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I really think you didn't needed to do that staging, but since you insist on, let's just clean up the discussion and stick to the subject the present thread is about, to keep the forum as clean as possible, you if you have problems with other users in this forum, i respond here for the translation part only.

For the problem with the UI you need to file a report to SCS devs in the bug report section, as it isn't a translation problem but a game UI one.

To the translation:
Dunno what Brazilian Portuguese you speak where you live, but i have checked some dictionaries and as we can see on the links below what they think about these words in PT-BR, in its definitions you can see that both words you said to not be part of the PT-BR language and yet inacceptable as translations, are so used and recognizable by brazilians (as i said before in my first reply) they are recognized in the most known dictionaries in the country.

I've never said "situação" or "reboque" are wrong or inexistent, they just don't fit on certain UI screens, then we the translators use synonyms to say the same thing with different words and that fit on said UI elements without become weird or bad looking from a graphical perspective.

References with a few quotes from the links:

Trailer:
https://www.dicio.com.br/trailer/
-Carro sem tração acoplado a outro; reboque.
-Trailer é sinônimo de: reboque
https://dicionario.priberam.org/trailer
-2. Veículo suplementar e sem .tração que tem de ser engatado a outro veículo.
-3. [Brasil] Reboque que se atrela a veículos automóveis, dotado de equipamento e de espaço próprios para alojamento. (Equivalente no português de Portugal: rulote.)
http://michaelis.uol.com.br/busca?r=0&f ... ra=trailer
-2 Vreboque2, acepção 3.

https://www.dicio.com.br/status/
-Estado ou circunstância que algo ou alguém ocupa em determinado momento; condição ou conjuntura.
-Status é sinônimo de: condição, conjuntura, prestígio, renome, consideração
https://dicionario.priberam.org/status
-Estatuto ou situação de uma pessoa ou entidade.
http://michaelis.uol.com.br/busca?r=0&f ... vra=status
-Condição ou circunstância de algo ou de alguém em determinado momento.

Best regards,

T.
Theosz

#10 Post by Theosz » 24 Oct 2019 16:37

ok about u said, Tarso. I was already aware of that others things.

I was going to finish the subject but Andre_AW encouraged me to give an answer. I think his response, the subliminal message, was disrespectful and unprofessional.

I do not want to have problems with anyone, but the opposite looks like and it encourages me to respond after all, we hope that each one do their work with goodwill, pleasure and companionship. Beta testers, moderators, who ever, should not be barriers to good player' support.

About other users, I think you get wrong because IMO it the opposite, but it doesn't matter. Zagalo.

For registration only: "Status" is not a word that belongs to the Portuguese language but "situação" belongs to it; and many internet sources are unofficial and are made by scholarly or even well-meaning contributors who do not have full knowledge of the subject, after all, like paper, internet accepts everything. I do not accept because is disrespectful

*removed due to racist commentary.*

let's finish this and I'll be vigilant
Brazil... shanty towns

Return to “Portuguese (Brazil)”