Garage interface, wrong russian localization

login

Garage interface, wrong russian localization

#1 Post by login » 15 Apr 2017 15:48

"Sell" button caption is "Подтвердить" (~ "Accept"). Expected - "Sell".
Attachments
Garage.jpg
Garage.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 5945 times
Mordrheik

Re: Garage interface, wrong russian localization

#2 Post by Mordrheik » 22 Jul 2017 13:47

Respected!
Developers do not care about the localization of the game to all other languages, except English! This problem is a very long time, and the reaction of 0. On the dashboards, too, the problem is complete. There is a lot of translation where not. S uwazheniem!
Reef

#3 Post by Reef » 22 Jul 2017 14:09

@Mordrheik

Well seeing as there is a whole team of volunteers and an infrastructure in place to commit changes dedicated solely to localisation (GetLoc) in all currently supported languages then that kind of proves you wrong.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to improve your native localisation?
Cadde

#4 Post by Cadde » 22 Jul 2017 14:17

Indeed, the developers are mainly of Czech origin. Not Russian. I am pretty sure they have to rely on community input (like this thread, where login was helpful and you were not) to make changes to the game.
Either way, how's your Swahili? Could you perhaps make fixes to that in the game... Otherwise i would be inclined to say you only care about Russian and not Swahili.
On extended hiatus.
Eugene
Global moderator

#5 Post by Eugene » 23 Jul 2017 10:03

Found this in GetLoc, suggested new translation. Hopefully will be fixed in next localization update
Mordrheik

#6 Post by Mordrheik » 26 Jul 2017 14:34

Reef wrote: 22 Jul 2017 14:09 @Mordrheik

Well seeing as there is a whole team of volunteers and an infrastructure in place to commit changes dedicated solely to localisation (GetLoc) in all currently supported languages then that kind of proves you wrong.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to improve your native localisation?
Where to throw money? Only I have Russian rubles! No dollars)

Merged:
Cadde wrote: 22 Jul 2017 14:17 Indeed, the developers are mainly of Czech origin. Not Russian. I am pretty sure they have to rely on community input (like this thread, where login was helpful and you were not) to make changes to the game.
Either way, how's your Swahili? Could you perhaps make fixes to that in the game... Otherwise i would be inclined to say you only care about Russian and not Swahili.
Then write, what do I need to do to help with localization in my native language? Sorry for bad English! I do not know him well.
German to my liking. There ''verkaufen'' - sell (correctly).
And why do you use English, and not Czech?
If this is an international language, this does not mean that you need to lick some place. I am sorry.
Last edited by Reef on 26 Jul 2017 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double posts merged, to fall within forum rules and guidelines
Reef

#7 Post by Reef » 26 Jul 2017 17:06

No need to throw money, Rubles or otherwise. :)

I'm not sure who's in charge of Getloc tbh, I would say the best place to start would be to e-mail support@scssoft.com and if they like what you have to say then maybe they will advise you from there.
Cadde

#8 Post by Cadde » 26 Jul 2017 18:20

Mordrheik wrote: 26 Jul 2017 14:34 Then write, what do I need to do to help with localization in my native language? Sorry for bad English! I do not know him well.
German to my liking. There ''verkaufen'' - sell (correctly).
And why do you use English, and not Czech?
If this is an international language, this does not mean that you need to lick some place. I am sorry.
The forum language is English (known by most of the target audience for this game), the developers are Czech (who also happen to know English like so many others), game's main localization is in English as well. All other translations are based on those.
Sometimes, one word doesn't translate that well into another language. No matter how good of a translator you are. And because of that, SCS needs the help of the community to provide those corrections and translations where necessary.

There is a translator team, just like there's beta testers for the game. This team has more or less direct access to the translation pipeline for the game. Meaning that, if they find a correction to be made, the translator can update the translation for the next build directly. Alternatively, add it directly to the bug tracker to where SCS will get to it as soon as all other bugs before it have been dealt with in one way or another.

So, if you wanna be THAT helpful, then ask SCS directly via their e-mail that Reef provided.
There's no money involved by the way, it's an English saying. This might help: http://context.reverso.net/translation/ ... your+mouth
It means basically the same as "actions speak louder than words"
On extended hiatus.
Mordrheik

#9 Post by Mordrheik » 26 Jul 2017 20:48

Good. Extremely grateful for information.
Recent Questions
1. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=224579
2. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=226365 (It is better to translate not as "Апгрейд" and as "Улучшение", "Модификация". In Russian language is not word "Апгрейд" (officially). I agree with the player.
3. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=213576
Is there a chance that this will be translated? At least 1 and 3?
Last edited by Reef on 26 Jul 2017 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote, please read and follow the forum rules
Eugene
Global moderator

#10 Post by Eugene » 28 Jul 2017 12:39

Mordrheik
1. Дашборды не переводятся. Вообще. Во всех языках они на английском. Это уже вопрос для SCS, а не переводчикам
2. Скорее всего эти варианты были выбраны потому что эти слова короче, и они лучше вписываются в пользовательский интерфейс
3. Уже исправлено, нужно дождаться когда SCS обновят файлы игры

Return to “Russian”