Incorrect Spanish translation of "offence"

jsa1983

Incorrect Spanish translation of "offence"

#1 Post by jsa1983 » 16 Feb 2016 19:32

As indicated in the ATS subforum, ETS2 also suffers from a Spanish mistranslation of the word "offence".

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=202442
I wanted to report a Spanish mistranslation which is present both in ETS2 and ATS. Offence does not correctly translate into Spanish as "delito" for traffic (i.e. administrative) purposes. "Delito" means crime or offence as in murder or robery, but not as in a speeding ticket/penalty. Even though "offence" should be translated into "infracción" (equivalent to the English word "infringement"), I would say that a better translation would be "multa" (equivalent to the English word "fine").

So that would be:

- "Multa por exceso de velocidad" (literally: Penalty for speed excess). See: http://www.linguee.es/espanol-ingles/tr ... cidad.html
- "Multa por saltarse un semáforo en rojo" (literally: Penalty for jumping a red traffic light). See: http://www.linguee.es/espanol-ingles/se ... %C3%A1foro
- "Multa por causar un accidente" (literally: Penalty for causing an accident). See: http://www.linguee.es/espanol-ingles/se ... +accidente
erickaraujo

Re: Incorrect Spanish translation of "offence"

#2 Post by erickaraujo » 18 Feb 2016 10:54

Fixed! :D You will be able to see the fix in the next update. :)

I see others translation here, that do not look right, like:
Wrong way offence. -> Delito de Dirección Contraria.
Headlight usage offence. -> Delito de uso luz de cruce

Would you like to suggest a better fix? :?
jsa1983

#3 Post by jsa1983 » 18 Feb 2016 11:56

Thanks for the quick fix!

Sure, I would be more than happy to translate that:

Wrong way offence: Multa por circular en sentido contrario.
Headlight usage offence: Multa por incorrecto uso de luces de cruce.

In any case, I see that the translation proposed involves a quite longer string than that in English, so in the event the string is too long for the "penalty pop-up", just let me know and I could come up with a shorter string.

I would say that all of these changes also apply to ATS. No need to double post in the ATS subforum, right?

Edit: Typo correction
Last edited by Deemer on 18 Feb 2016 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not quote message above yours. [2.4]
erickaraujo

#4 Post by erickaraujo » 18 Feb 2016 17:56

I think this size will fit without problems in the window, fix these two strings too, if it gets too big in pop-up, let me know :)

No, you can post in one subforum only, the project of ATS and ETS is the same, they share most of the strings.

Regards,
Last edited by ohaha on 19 Feb 2016 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Read the Forum Rules.
jsa1983

#5 Post by jsa1983 » 18 Feb 2016 19:21

Thank you very much. By saying
erickaraujo wrote:if it gets too big in pop-up, let me know :)
, are you telling me to break the law to see if it fits? ;)
Jokes aside, I will give it a go once the next patch is golden and report back if I find problems.

Regards
erickaraujo

#6 Post by erickaraujo » 19 Feb 2016 14:29

Ahahahahah, it's for a good cause :P Thx my friend.

Regards,
Last edited by SimulatorSam on 19 Feb 2016 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not quote message above yours. [2.4]
Esproquet

Rewording the offence message

#7 Post by Esproquet » 18 Dec 2020 18:31

I reopen this because I noticed the wrong usage of the word "INFRACCIÓN".

The game says that I receive an infraction, but that doesn't make much sense, I commit an INFRACCIÓN, therefore I'm FINED or SANCTIONED (in the game, it consists of an ECONOMIC PENALTY). An infraction is a break of the rules, if the preposition POR is used, that means that I receive a "break of rules" because of (signal, speed, collision...)

[ external image ]

============
SUGGESTIONS
===========
INFRACCIÓN: saltarse un semáforo en rojo / exceso de velocidad / no detenerse en una estación de pesaje / colisionar contra el tráfico

MULTA POR saltarse un semáforo en rojo / exceso de velocidad / no detenerse en una estación de pesaje / colisionar contra el tráfico
MULTADO POR saltarse un semáforo en rojo / exceso de velocidad / no detenerse en una estación de pesaje / colisionar contra el tráfico

SANCIÓN POR saltarse un semáforo en rojo / exceso de velocidad / no detenerse en una estación de pesaje / colisionar contra el tráfico
SANCIONADO POR saltarse un semáforo en rojo / exceso de velocidad / no detenerse en una estación de pesaje / colisionar contra el tráfico
RoxyQuarry

#8 Post by RoxyQuarry » 20 Dec 2020 16:10

Another imperfection... The icon related to " Vehicle collision offence " is not fit for ATS as it displays an European.
I think this is not where I am suppose to point that out, 😓.

Kind Regards and Merry Christmas,
chopoland

Re: Traducción incorrecta al español de "delito"

#9 Post by chopoland » 20 Dec 2020 21:20

No entiendo que polémica hay. El término INFRACCIÓN es correcto, pues estas cometiendo, como bien dice, una infracción.

Es decir, si te saltas un semáforo en rojo, el juego te avisa que has cometido una "infracción" de tráfico, la cual va acompañada de su "multa o "sanción", por lo que no veo motivo alguno para cambiarlo.

Para más info: wikipedia mismamente >> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infracci%C3%B3n

En cuanto al último post, los iconos no forman parte de la traducción, así que estamos hablando de un problema de usar los recursos de ETS2 en ATS, lo cual deberá solucionar SCS.

So "INFRACCIÓN" is OK.

English translation:

I don't understand how controversial there is. The term INFRINGEMENT is correct, because you are committing, as it well says, an infraction.

That is, if you run a red light, the game warns you that you have committed a traffic "offense", which is accompanied by your "fine or" penalty, so I see no reason to change it.

For more info: wikipedia itself >> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infracci%C3%B3n

As for the last post, the icons are not part of the translation, so we are talking about a problem using the ETS2 resources in ATS, which will have to be solved by SCS.

So "INFRINGEMENT" is OK.
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added English translation [Forum rule 1.5]
Esproquet

#10 Post by Esproquet » 20 Dec 2020 21:32

De la forma que está expresada parece que lo que recibes es una infracción por (inserte aquí su razón) y que entraña una penalización económica, creo que la palabra clave es el POR, infracción por...

La infracción es saltarse un semáforo, no recibes una infracción POR saltarte un semáforo. En el mensaje anterior propuse utilizar dos puntos (infracción:) o cambiarlo por Multa (por) multado (por), sanción (por), sancionado (por)... Hay muchas formas de ponerlo en palabras.

So, INFRACCIÓN POR is poor wording.

English translation:

From the way it is expressed it seems that what you receive is an infraction for (insert your reason here) and that it entails an economic penalty, I think the key word is POR, infraction for ...

The infraction is running a traffic light, you do not receive a violation FOR running a traffic light. In the previous message I proposed to use a colon (infraction) or change it to Fine (for) fined (for), sanction (for), sanctioned (for) ... There are many ways to put it into words.

So, VIOLATION BY is poor wording.
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:20, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added English translation [Forum rule 1.5]

Return to “Spanish”