Incorrect Spanish translation of "offence"

chopoland

Re: Traducción incorrecta al español de "delito"

#11 Post by chopoland » 20 Dec 2020 21:39

Sinceramente sigo sin entender cual es tu problema. La infracción es "POR" saltarte un semáforo en rojo.

Route Advisor te advierte que te han multado con 700$, ¿por qué? POR cometer una infracción al saltarte un semáforo en rojo. Pero supongo que esta explicación tan detallada no entraría en la ventanita de Route Advisor. De hecho, en inglés el texto es "Red signal offence" es decir, no habla ni de sanción ni de multa, habla del acto cometido... infracción, delito, falta, agravio, crímen, injuria, atentado... quédate con la que más te guste.

Espero que le haya aclarado su duda mr "poor wording" :mrgreen:

English translation:

I honestly still don't understand what your problem is. The offense is "FOR" running a red light.

Route Advisor warns you that you have been fined $ 700, why? FOR committing a violation by running a red light. But I guess this detailed explanation would not fit in the Route Advisor window. In fact, in English the text is "Red signal offense" that is, it does not speak of a sanction or a fine, it speaks of the act committed ... offense, crime, misdemeanor, offense, crime, insult, attack ... stay with the one you like most.

I hope you have clarified your doubt mr "poor wording" :mrgreen:
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added English translation [Forum rule 1.5]
Esproquet

Re: Incorrect Spanish translation of "offence"

#12 Post by Esproquet » 20 Dec 2020 22:01

La infracción ES saltarse el semáforo en rojo. Lo que te llega es una sanción o una multa, que es lo que pagas.

A ver si esto te ayuda a entenderlo mejor :)
https://itv.com.es/tabla-sanciones-dgt

1 Tipos de infracción y cuantía de las sanciones
2 Multas por exceso de velocidad (fíjate bien, dice multas por, no INFRACCIONES POR)
3 Otras infracciones al volante
4 Infracciones que suponen pérdida de puntos

Saludos

English translation:

The offense IS running the red light. What you get is a sanction or a fine, which is what you pay.

See if this helps you understand it better :)
https://itv.com.es/tabla-sanciones-dgt

1 Types of infraction and amount of sanctions
2 Fines for speeding (look closely, it says fines for, not INFRACTIONS FOR [/ b])
3 Other driving offenses
4 Infractions involving loss of points

Cheers
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
chopoland

#13 Post by chopoland » 20 Dec 2020 22:08

Mira, como veo que no lees o no quieres leer voy a terminar con esto porque veo que empiezas a hacer una montaña de un granito de arena... y ni eso. "Offence" NO es multa ni sanción, te vuelvo a repetir que la frase en inglés es "Red signal offence". No necesito que me mandes la biblia de la DGT, esto es un juego en el que ni hay DGT, ni hay agentes que te van a parar, ni nada por el estilo. Es una interfaz que te comunica en su poco espacio que tiene que has recibido una sanción económica por realizar una infracción de trafico. Punto. Si lo quieres entender así bien, el resto es tu problema.

La traducción al gallego y al catalán tienen la misma preposición "POR" añadida... Será POR algo :mrgreen:

English translation:

Look, since I see that you don't read or don't want to read, I'm going to end this because I see that you start to make a mountain out of a grain of sand ... and not even that. "Offence" is NOT a fine or sanction, I repeat that the phrase in English is "Red signal offense". I don't need you to send me the DGT bible, this is a game in which there is neither DGT, nor are there agents who are going to stop you, or anything like that. It is an interface that communicates in its little space that you have received a financial penalty for carrying out a traffic violation. Point. If you want to understand it well, the rest is your problem.

The translation into Galician and Catalan have the same preposition "POR" added ... It will be POR something :mrgreen:
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:17, edited 2 times in total.
Esproquet

#14 Post by Esproquet » 20 Dec 2020 22:15

Eres tú el que no entiende la diferencia entre multa-sanción e infracción. No es cuestión de leerse la DGT sino de saber hablar castellano.

Saludos

English translation:

It is you who does not understand the difference between a fine-sanction and an infraction. It is not a question of reading the DGT but of knowing how to speak Spanish.

Cheers
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
chopoland

#15 Post by chopoland » 20 Dec 2020 23:46

Efectivamente, por suerte los que sabemos hablar castellano conocemos la diferencia entre FINE y OFFENCE. Tu mismo te has contestado en contra tuya.

English translaton:

Indeed, luckily those of us who know how to speak Spanish know the difference between FINE and OFFENCE. You yourself have answered against yourself.
Last edited by supersobes on 21 Dec 2020 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#16 Post by supersobes » 21 Dec 2020 02:19

The forum language is English. Please remember to provide an English translation to your posts, even in the translations sections.

I have added translations to the posts in this thread. The translations were made by Google Translate, so I apologize if something was not translated correctly.
Esproquet

#17 Post by Esproquet » 01 Jan 2021 18:30

It is difficult to reply if you keep changing your answers.

My whole point is, independent of translation issues, the fact that you commit an infraction does not entail being fined, but the way the notification is expressed is a bit vague. Of course you can argue that there's little space for a proper translation and in order to keep it as loyal to the original you must express the idea of "infraction". I'm not going to make a war out of this because it's not such a big deal, but IMHO I would have used a different expression.

Now that we are into this topic, would you please look at this?
[ external image ]

I was wondering what happens if I check the second option out, will the game prevent me from commiting infractions? Or won't I receive any fines? Or will the traffic rules cease to be enforced? I think that if they are going to create a Driving Academy soon, these concepts need to be used accurately.
chopoland

#18 Post by chopoland » 01 Jan 2021 20:23

Offf, You're a pain whit this, man. I don't change anything. I'm simply explaining over and over again in a clear way what you don't want to see. You go on and on without reading that the original text is OFFENCE. The OFFENCE is accompanied by its consequent FINE. Let's see if by highlighting it you can better understand the cause-effect.

[ external image ]

The menu string, in english, is "Traffic offence". It seems that you are the only one who does not understand that by deactivating that option you will not receive fines even if you failing to stop a red light because you deactivate the fact that it is an infraction.

OMG :roll:
Esproquet

#19 Post by Esproquet » 01 Jan 2021 21:03

You just edited your post twice while I was replying, that's a change in my book.

Would you stop taking it as a personal attack? You seem so offended you won't even try to understand my point, in fact I have the feeling that you try to flame me in return.

Infractions are nothing without rules and people to bend them, you can't remove infractions because that's up to players, you remove the rules or their enforcement instead. The messages shown in game are OK but somehow when I drive recklessly for a while they start to cringe a bit in my mind, "why is it not a multa instead?", because sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't (despite the infraction being always present). I'm not asking for a change though, I just wanted to suggest this idea and/or ask for other opinions, unfortunately what I get are angry answers that can't be replied gently.

Believe me, because of my job I'm sick and tired of reading crappy translations, and I'm NOT saying this one is, this is more a pointless semantic argument.

Happy new year though.

===
At least you corrected your MEN ;)
chopoland

#20 Post by chopoland » 01 Jan 2021 21:38

Well.... If "crappy translation" are for you what you want... I understand you, XD. But the thing is not what you want, but what it originally means offence.

Let's get this over with.

Return to “Spanish”