Wrong construction machinery cargo translations

Some newbie driver

Wrong construction machinery cargo translations

#1 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Jan 2019 11:55

Hello SCS team

I've noticed there's a lot of confusion with the Spanish names used to describe cargoes when they are construction machinery.

There's the "Excavadora" cargo. That name is OK, only I don't know is why there's two different cargo weights (23t and 24t) for the exactly same cargo.
excavadora.png
excavadora.png (22.78 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
There's the "Miniexcavadora 500" cargo. That name is wrong due two reasons. One, it's not "mini" at all. Second, that's what here's called a "Retroexcavadora".
retroexcavadora.png
retroexcavadora.png (25.62 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
There's the "Miniexcavadora 1000" cargo. That name is wrong also due two reasons. Again because it's not "mini" at all. And because that's what here's called a "Pala cargadora".
pala_cargadora.png
pala_cargadora.png (18.87 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Then, the name of the "Miniexcavadoras" cargo (the combination of previous two) should be changed too.
excavadoras.png
excavadoras.png (27.22 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
There are three options to fix that cargo name:
- "Retroexcavadora y pala cargadora" or "Pala cargadora y retroexcavadora": the exact description of the whole cargo. Maybe too long name for place it on the GUI, I don't know
- "Maquinaria de obras": a generic "Construction machinery" that could also fit any other combination of that kind of cargo. Maybe too generic due the amount of that cargoes already in the game.
- "Excavadoras": And now you should think "Eh, wait, you said "excavadoras" are only the ones on your first picture!". Yes and no. In Spanish we call specifically "excavadora" to the ones on the first picture. But if we talk generically and/or about a mixture of machinery used for earth moving, then we also call them "excavadoras".

And about the word "Miniexcavadora", in Spanish should be used to describe something like the one on next image (because it's mini and it's an "excavadora"). That model exist in the game but is not used as a cargo. So, if someday you add that cargo ;) ;) ;) ;) you will know what name it should have.
[ external image ]

Last but not least, there's one heavy cargo named "Retroexcavadora Z35K". I don't know which DLC includes it because I activated the three heavy cargoes DLC at the same time. As I said before, a "Retroexcavadora" isn't that kind of machine at all. Sometimes they are called generically "excavadoras" by the reason I explained before, but the addition of the "retro" prefix has no sense because it means "back", and a bulldozer can do its work only moving forward.
topadora.png
topadora.png (26.51 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
There are three options to fix that cargo name:
- "Bulldozer": The english name for that machine is widely used on Spain
- "Buldócer": Te approved normative adaptation of the English word to the Spanish grammar, almost not used.
- "Topadora": The common Spanish name for that machine type if the English word is not used. It concerns too other very similar machines to a bulldozer that maybe in English have another specific word to name them.

Regards

Return to “Spanish”