Toll Booth crashes

2Beers

Toll Booth crashes

#1 Post by 2Beers » 12 Oct 2020 20:31

Whenever there are toll stops (like in France or Italy) I see a lot of times AI crashes into either me or other AI drivers right after the toll booth.

It happens all the times from AI drivers coming from the right, crashing into the left side vehicle. I can mostly avoid it by just let them pass, other AI is not so lucky.

Anyone else saw this or has this issue?

Underscore_101_

Re: Toll Booth crashes

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 13 Oct 2020 03:27

Not that I've never been side attacked by the AI in these situations, but maneuvering them without problems is mostly a matter of just paying attention.

One way (or two) is to always choose one of the outside lanes and not the middle ones, this way traffic only comes from one side.
I tend to use the most left lane when it's a Viacard (or what it's called) lane, unless there's an exit right after, then I take the outer right lane.

When you take the left lane don't switch back to right while still in the toll area, but wait till on the normal highway again.

I've never seen AI crash with each other unless I was using other settings than default, or a traffic mod, but they act weird sometimes in giving each other right of way.
Last edited by Underscore_101_ on 13 Oct 2020 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Madkine

#3 Post by Madkine » 13 Oct 2020 11:44

At toll booths to avoid traffic jams, SCS gave the lanes on the right side right of way.

2Beers

#4 Post by 2Beers » 13 Oct 2020 20:37

Thanks for the answers. I'm using a high traffic mod, this probably increases the chances of AI crashes.
As for now I will have a closer look to my right side. :)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”