Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Slippery when wet

myrddin

Slippery when wet

#1 Post by myrddin » 14 Feb 2021 00:25

Beside beeing the title of a rock album, I noticed that the road is much more slippery when it's raining since the 1.39 update. Annoyingly and unrealisticaly so I might add. I live in a winter country and it has to snow real bad for the road to get so slippery.

Any way to change this, a parameter somewhere, a "g_set_..." command in the console or else ?

TIA

Luc

DeGelderseTrucker

Re: Slippery when wet

#2 Post by DeGelderseTrucker » 19 Feb 2021 18:08

Uhm not sure. In 1.38 or 1.37, there was some sort of physics update, now in gameplay settings, you have 2 new slides, one for truck stability and trailer stability, what if you slide it to its maximum? Otherwise you might have to deal with it if there is no parameter, for me it's also a question if there's a parameter for it.

Arvidsson-Källqvist

#3 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 25 Feb 2021 14:56

Actually it's not intended to be that slippery if I know correctly. It's some sort of mod conflict or such, I also had it. I downloaded a tyre pack from this forum (I don't remember the name of it but it has a huge ammount of real tires) and since using those it's now much much better.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport AG
Headquarter: Kiel (D) / Kolding (DK) / Cluj-Napoca (RO)
Truck: 2016 Volvo FH 540 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)

plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Feb 2021 15:04

Maybe it is a little too much, but aqua - or hydroplaning is a dangerous condition - slow down :D
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Feb 2021 16:44

The game is still perfectly playable when wet, even using keyboard (that force you to turn in steps, instead of smoothly).

A different history is if one is using physics configurations not suited well for one's kind of controller used to play, if one is using mods that can conflict with those physics changes (as @Arvidsson-Källqvist explained that can happen) or if one pretends to keep driving as if instead of a truck you would be driving an sports car (as so many people does).

In all those cases, a crash when wet is granted and deserved ans SCS should had not to anything about it.

Regards

PS: BTW, having tires wear over 80% also causes A LOT of slippery on wet roads and over 90% even noticeable on dry roads.

Arvidsson-Källqvist

#6 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 25 Feb 2021 20:56

As stadted above.. Although it's true that back with 1.38 I did tend to have some weird traction loss in rainy weather that was way too unrealistic. Like I couldn't take a shallow 20-25 degree turn with 45-50 km/h. Or a roundabout even under 20 km/h. The truck just kept on going forward, and off the road. It was very weird but, I'm pretty sure it was caused by some tyre mod since it doesn't behave like since I changed them. (Also it wasn't caused by tyre wear, it was uncontrollable even with 0% wear)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport AG
Headquarter: Kiel (D) / Kolding (DK) / Cluj-Napoca (RO)
Truck: 2016 Volvo FH 540 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)

Some newbie driver

#7 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Feb 2021 14:48

Just when the physics change was done yes, it was most probably a tires mod issue; several different ones were reported. Basically, they were working as if their wear was almost 100% (so the effect I described about the wear was still more exaggerated)

DeGelderseTrucker

#8 Post by DeGelderseTrucker » 26 Feb 2021 18:26

Hmm, if it's an mod conflict, I remember to having it on Multiplayer too aswell.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”