Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.19.x

Centrino2

Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.19.x

#1 Post by Centrino2 » 02 May 2013 05:12

1.3.0-1.18.x
From the load profile screen, click on the profile you want, and click edit
Check any mods that you want active in "Active Mods" Or uncheck any mods that you do not want active.
Then click apply, and enjoy your mod.
And don't forget, Da Name's Rick James

Dis old: (You don't know how much trouble I had to go through to get this post up, that's the last time I use my iPad for this site, looking toward that Surface PC from Microsoft instead. I have had it with my iPad) :x

7/15/2015
GT-Mike: 1.19

Here's a tutorial on how to activate a mod in new mod manager.

Step 1. Open mod manager (for the purpose of this tutorail I filtered displayed mods to "trucks" only, it works cause my P mod is updated to 1.19 already, for now filters don't work on existing mods)

Step 2. Find an installed mod you want to activate and click it - it should highlight like this:

Step 3. Click on the single right arrow to activate the mod

Step 4. Your mod appears in "Active mods" list and mod indicator in mod browser changes to green

Step 5. (optional) You may use buttons below "Active mods" list to change mod priority (load order)

Centrino2's Top Tip's:
Clicking on "Increase Priority" or "Decrease Priority" moves the selected mod Up or Down one slot.

Clicking on the "Up Arrow" or "Down Arrow" next to the Priority Buttons will send the selected mod to the Top or to the Bottom of the priority list.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 16 Jul 2015 01:37, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Updated

Unco

Re: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.3.1

#2 Post by Unco » 02 May 2013 06:20

You just need to zoom in on anything you want to click. I avoid copy & paste though, as it takes too long to get it right. I use a Galaxy Tab 2 regularly on this site.

Centrino2

Re: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.3.1

#3 Post by Centrino2 » 02 May 2013 07:02

Unco wrote:You just need to zoom in on anything you want to click. I avoid copy & paste though, as it takes too long to get it right. I use a Galaxy Tab 2 regularly on this site.
There are other problems too, limit on how many tabs I can open (huge problem when dealing with spam bots), Copy & Paste as you said and there are certain things I can't highlight that I can highlight with a PC, like the user name to the left of this post, I can't upload pics (which caused the major problem to make this topic), I can't view the url on attached pics or pics without a hyperlink (another problem when trying to make this topic), and typing and deleting text is a pain too.
In the end I switched to my PC to make this topic.

I only hope that Surface can match my computer's behavior when I come to this site, when or if I ever get the Surface PC.

heavyhauler

making the mods work. somebody help me!!!

#4 Post by heavyhauler » 14 Sep 2013 21:40

I got some mods for my game. I put them in the mods folder, extracted all the files for each mod with WINRAR and nothing worked! what should I do?

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

Re: making the mods work. somebody help me!!!

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 14 Sep 2013 21:42

Did you add them in your profile too?

rado84

#6 Post by rado84 » 14 Sep 2013 22:05

heavyhauler wrote:I got some mods for my game. I put them in the mods folder, extracted all the files for each mod with WINRAR and nothing worked! what should I do?
If you extract the contents of the scs file you won't get a working mod. You have to put there *.scs files only! After that go to profile, press "edit" and enable all the mods you want by putting a tick on each.

heavyhauler

#7 Post by heavyhauler » 15 Sep 2013 13:48

oh okay thanks. I got it.

Uzi

Re: Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.3.1

#8 Post by Uzi » 03 Jul 2014 19:05

Great OP.

I'm surprised no one mentioned that anyone installing mods had best make a backup save of known good NON modded profile to keep for
future disasters, which will happen at some point.

Another tip, for those new to modding games, is to be sure you back up a later profile(s) that has been modded that is a stable profile, a known good
modded profile base and keep track of what mods were loaded in THAT profile. Take notes.

Also, that mods can and will interfere with one another and it is possible to hose (ruin) a profile so badly that you lose that game save forever.

Might save someone some grief in the future.

Oh, yah, don't mix maps unless you like to live dangerously.

Oh, a final note. I don't know if it was the latest patch that caused this or my coincidental creation of a 2nd profile the other day but the
game can seem to freeze up when first loading at the profile page, with no mouse cursor movement allowed. It hasn't locked up but takes
a uncomfortable long time to free up the mouse cursor when swapping profiles, perhaps 10 to 15 seconds. Just give it time.

n4gix

Re: Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.3.1

#9 Post by n4gix » 04 Jul 2014 20:54

Terrific "necro-post" recovery. One of the reasons for the lag in response is if your hard drive(s) have gone into 'sleep mode' it takes awhile for them to get back up to stabilized speed... :ugeek:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Kevin

Re: Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.14.x

#10 Post by Kevin » 31 Mar 2015 14:55

Hi
I'm new at this.
Got a few mods in and activated them. Don't really see anything. LOL
I'm using v1.12.1 of the game. Any suggestions on mods please guys?
Some maps would be great.
Thanx
Kevin

Return to “Gameplay Questions”