Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.19.x

Axel Slingerland

Re: Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.14.x

#11 Post by Axel Slingerland » 31 Mar 2015 19:10

It is very important that you understand that all mods are not created equal. As the game gets updated, mod requirements change. This thread is quite old, but as of 1.11.1 (the version I run) the profile screen has changed a little, but the process for activating mods is essentially the same. But there is no mention of how different mods work, and how to tell if they are working properly.

For new trailer and cargo mods (not skins for existing ones), once you've activated them correctly, you still won't see them until you "rest" a couple of times, or "advance time" a suitable amount of time. That is done by using the g_set_time XX command in the Developers Console. You can read This thread for information about it. The settings for the g_set_time command are:

XX is a specified hour, given in 24 hour format

For example, g_set_time 1 will advance time to the next time it would be 1:00 AM, g_set_time 16 will advance time to the next time it would be 4:00 PM and g_set_time 23 will advance time to the next time it would be 11:00 PM. It can never go back, only forward.

For truck mods, you need to know which dealership sells them, and then go to the appropriate one and buy the truck. You can tell which truck mods are the best by reading what people have to say about them on the board. But be forewarned... Read about them first, then make a profile backup, then try them. If you don't do that and the mod trashes your profile, you may have to make a new one and start over. The same applies to map mods, which is why I don't use them.

Other mods, such as small file tweaks that modify the game settings, economy, truck or trailer skins, and stuff like that should just work after being activated, as all they do is replace default files. Once you learn how to edit these type of mods, you'll be making your own in no time.

Most importantly, read the forum. You can learn a lot here! I hope this helps you...

Ax
You can call me Ax

Kevin

#12 Post by Kevin » 31 Mar 2015 19:53

Helped a hell of a lot. Thank you.
I am downloading the patch from v1.12.1 to v1.16.2
Hope this is the right thing to do?
Thanks my buddy.

Kevin

#13 Post by Kevin » 04 Apr 2015 16:14

Ok, all works now.
Installed the TSM v5 Map pack and it works great. Small problem, when I try to enter a new dealer, the game freezes sometimes. Always the same place.
Any way to fix this?

Prosektikos

#14 Post by Prosektikos » 07 Jul 2015 10:39

I don't know if there is a relevant thread or post, didn't find one after a quick search. Should I update the game with mods enabled? I have some truck mods right now and my garage has more than 10 of these models. I'll have to sell them and have a clean profile before updating to 1.19 once it is released?

Centrino2

Re: Guide: How to activate mods: 1.3.0 - 1.19.x

#15 Post by Centrino2 » 15 Jul 2015 22:25

Guide updated, thanks goes to GT-Mike.

m1keY

#16 Post by m1keY » 27 Dec 2015 00:45

:roll: well, I've been searching/reading all over the forum and never found anything that really gives me an clear answer....might have missed it somewhere... :shock:

I just want to be sure before I do some major changes in my games (want to use as many as possible of the mods I've been using in 1.18 when switching over to newest).

Ok, here it is, old fashion way before the new MODmanager ... all mods where placed in the list ....
MODS I have been using were most of the time added with multiples "z" infront of filename...
____________________________________________________________________________________

Question: is it the file with "Z" or "ZZ" the most important file ...

as if some readme.txt says "make sure this MOD is loaded last...." would that file have less or more "Z" in the filename... ?

I thought I got this covered, but with some MODs this isn't the right way .... :roll:

Centrino2

#17 Post by Centrino2 » 27 Dec 2015 19:44

Well... more than likely the mod with the most zzzzzzzzz's should be the one that loads last.... if it don't put ya to sleep first.

Anyway lame joke aside, if you were to ask the mod developers they would probably tell you their mod need to load last.... without knowing what other mods you have, which by the way, what mods do you have?

I probably won't be able to help you since I don't use that many mods anyway, but you will have to understand what is in the mod and what it is changing.

Erik Jr

#18 Post by Erik Jr » 13 Jul 2016 23:09

I am a newbie to this game and i know this question is a little bit different but i was wondering if there is a chance that i could update my game to the latest version? I am playing ets2 on a hard disc version thats running the 1.5.2 and i keep trying to update but its not leting me. Its saying that theres something missing or that its unable to or that it can't find the game, so would i have to buy the game and download it from the computer and not a disc. If u could help me answer some of these questions, that would mean a lot to me :D

Centrino2

#19 Post by Centrino2 » 14 Jul 2016 03:50

Throwing out guesses since I have this game on Steam but have you tried reinstalling the game and then updating?

Other thing I can think of is put the update exe within the game files (not the one with the logs and saves), and start the exe from there.

If none of that works then I'm sorry I am not able to help cause Steam updates my game for me, so I wouldn't know how to fix that problem.

Reef
Beta tester

#20 Post by Reef » 14 Jul 2016 07:14

@ Erick Jr

Download the full install from here http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/download.php and use your product key (the one printed on the inside of the CDROM box), alternatively you can use your product key on Steam by following this guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165173

You do not need to purchase a new product key if you already own a genuine copy of ETS2 no matter how old a version it is, my CDROM version is 1.0.5 and the key is still valid and used on both digital download AND Steam.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”