Deleting an SCS patch?

BWD

Deleting an SCS patch?

#1 Post by BWD » 22 May 2014 22:48

Yeah I know I should know but I've failed again. I have just D/L ETS2 V 1.10.0 patch and I think it sucks. Mods that were just fine in 1.9.22 are now very much screwed up and THAT is NOT the Modders fault as sometimes SCS really is *******. Need your opinion MAX. Watch as the moderators start defending.

Until SCS updates this 1.10.1 patch I would like to go back to V 1.9.22 as everything worked just fine but now even a couple mods I've had for the last 5 maybe 6 patches have been working just fine but not now. One Modder so far has agreed to fix his mods and that's fine but this is NOT their fault and some of the Modders probably will not do anything and that's too bad but their right.
After deleting Jazzycat's "AI traffic pack v1.1" the god awful colored vehicles ( Stupid metallic ) cleared up. Often while driving I click on the ~ key and now see red error when I pass a AI truck which has a lousy looking orange mirror or sun visor etc. Example:00:26:17.453 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/automat/37/13b9d7bb152e2508800e13e1958900463e64c6.mat" in the read_only mode
00:26:17.453 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/automat/37/13b9d7bb152e2508800e13e1958900463e64c6.mat'.

Until the vehicle gets way out of site these above lines appear many times, so yes another mod that failed because SCS just had to change. Personally I believe SCS got carried away with the so called Metallic setup. I've deliberately chose a metallic color for my default truck and Walla the red errors above fill the page. Unless you SCS can make this color right maybe just drop it eh?

OK how do I drop back one patch? I.E. "ETS2 v1.10.1 back to v1.9.22."

And no SCS I'm not saying you are wrong in your doings but we all make mistakes.
Last edited by ohaha on 23 May 2014 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed foul language. DO NOT insult SCS staff! Read the Forum Rules.
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

87granny

Re: Deleateing an SCS patch?

#2 Post by 87granny » 22 May 2014 23:03

I did this with 1.9.2 and went back to 1.8.2.5 I downloaded 1.10 and installed it too also some of my mods don't work right either I'll mess with it a bit but I agree with your statement as a hole
And if you don't have steam you must delete and reinstall from the beginning this is the reason I keep all the patches I download

Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 May 2014 00:12

I highly recommend that if you're going to reinstall the game, that you get whatever version you want in a single file. You can find them all at gamershell.com in their demo section. I don't know why it is, but I have much better luck with the game when it is installed fresh from a single installation file as opposed to one that has been patched from one version to another.

Jazzycat's AI Traffic mod was having a problem with missing skins (the red cars thing), but he updated the mod and it works fine now. So download version 1.1.1 and I think it will solve the color issues.

Last but not least, you say that SCS really is retarded, which includes Max by the way, then you say that you need his opinion? If you want someone to help you, I would advise you to be a little bit more polite. Because you'll get more help with kind words than insults. Just my opinion...
You can call me Ax

BWD

#4 Post by BWD » 23 May 2014 00:21

@87granny,

Never mind it was Jazzycats "Painted Truck Traffic" mod as like his "AI traffic pack v1.1", they both had flaws for ETS2 v1.10.1.
Jazzycat has released v1.1.1 for his AI Traffic Pack and will maybe release a newer version of his "Painted Truck Traffic" tomorrow.

I do keep all my patches in their separate folders. I'll just stick to v1.10.1 for now.

Thanks 87granny. :)
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

BWD

#5 Post by BWD » 23 May 2014 00:59

Axel Slingerland wrote:
Last but not least, you say that SCS really is retarded, which includes Max by the way, then you say that you need his opinion? If you want someone to help you, I would advise you to be a little bit more polite. Because you'll get more help with kind words than insults. Just my opinion...

Yes that is your opinion and that is your right. If I think a person is wrong I'm not always polite for if I was then said person I would be talking about would just probably shake his/her head and walk away and doing just as they were before. Just because I said sometimes SCS seemed a little retarded does not mean they are stupid. I think they are a great bunch of people and MAX is one of them, but SCS is a little slow sometimes. But hey they are human.

If MAX wants to think I called him personally retarded then that would be wrong as I did not. Some of you people really like dragging things out of the closet don't you Axel.

There have been lots of mistakes by SCS and there will be more I'm sure. Everyone on this planet makes mistakes at one time or the other so I think it is not a crime to tell them once in awhile about it . Some of you people sure love to lay it on thick if someone just frowns at SCS. Hey SCS is not going to bite and I think they might need a little criticism sometimes. If they don't then it's time to quit and find another job.
I think they ( SCS ) are nice people but they are people just like you and I. Criticism can be good.

By the way I just found out about Jazzycats new version of "AI Traffic Pack 1.1.1" and he said his "Painted Truck Traffic" will possibly be updated tomorrow. So just for get my former post. If you can that is?

Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 May 2014 01:54

Ok, I see the real problem. It's you... Not them.
You can call me Ax

Wotawally

#7 Post by Wotawally » 23 May 2014 05:11

I am amazed that there are people who can insult the intelligence of SCS and their staff, but don't have the common sense or intelligence to save a back-up of the game before applying a patch.

To Max - come round to my place and play ETS2 for me to get me up a couple of levels, because I can't be bothered. And while you are here you can cook my dinner unless you want me to hold you, and SCS, responsible if I starve to death due to trying to sort out a problem with a third-party mod in ETS2 and forgetting to eat.

ohaha

Re: Deleting an SCS patch?

#8 Post by ohaha » 23 May 2014 05:20

BWD, skipping over the insults, which are very uncalled for, this is not a fault of SCS. You should wait until the mod author updated his mods.
I had issues like that several times, and I always did my best to bring the mods up to date.
SCS is working with a lot of materials. They are generated, automatically, by their design tools. If anything is changed, a new material is created and a new name chosen. By the tool! Which is normal, if you spend just two seconds, to think about it.

Please, don't do this again. Thanks.
Retired, but still loving it.

Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 May 2014 06:03

Wotawally wrote:To Max - come round to my place and play ETS2 for me to get me up a couple of levels, because I can't be bothered. And while you are here you can cook my dinner unless you want me to hold you, and SCS, responsible if I starve to death due to trying to sort out a problem with a third-party mod in ETS2 and forgetting to eat.
Now that is funny! It reminds me of an old Outlaws song "Put Another Log On The Fire".

Put another log on the fire
Cook me up some bacon and some beans
And go out to the car and change the tire
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe
And then go fetch my slippers
And boil me up another pot of tea
Then put another log on the fire, babe
And come and tell me why you're leaving me

You can call me Ax

ohaha

#10 Post by ohaha » 23 May 2014 06:42

Wotawally wrote:I am amazed that there are people who can insult the intelligence of SCS and their staff, but don't have the common sense or intelligence to save a back-up of the game before applying a patch.
Even more amazing is that SCS anticipated that. When updating, the game creates a backup of your profiles folder and gives it a self explanatory name

e.g. profiles(1.10.1s).bak

I currently have 139 of these backups, stored safely on a different partition ;)
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”