How do we know if our drivers are making money?

whathellahor

How do we know if our drivers are making money?

#1 Post by whathellahor » 23 Jun 2017 01:57

Hello Truckers!

I recently just bought the game and was really hooked up, like seriously. However, I am really curious how do we get the money from our driver. Is there a transaction log for my bank?

I always get notification when they deduct money from me due to bank loan but never get notified when the driver has earned money. Right now, my driver is making 3k per day and I really wish to know how do we know if our driver is actually earning money for me.

Thanks.
Axel Slingerland

Re: How do we know if our drivers are making money?

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 Jun 2017 02:12

It's all automatic. When the Route Advisor informs you that one of your drivers has made some money, it automatically goes into the bank. And just in case you're curious about this stuff too...

Yes, the trucks you buy for them make a difference in their performance, the better the truck, the better they will perform. But no, you can not ever see them in the trucks you buy for them on the road because they aren't real. They are just lines of code. However, with the right mods you can fake it quite well.

If you want to know how, ask me and I will look up the mods you need to do that. But at the moment, I'm off to buy chow for dinner...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
BK Vissers

#3 Post by BK Vissers » 23 Jun 2017 13:06

Axel, I am curious how one would fake that. Sounds like fun. If it's not a big job for you to dig up the info, it would be nice if you could let us know.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Jun 2017 13:21

Painted AI traffic. A lot of my mods now include painted trucks.

The simple way is to download jazzycat's painted AI mods and replace a skin dds file.

There's actually a video tutorial on my site for making painted AI traffic trucks, does require Blender Tools though.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
BK Vissers

#5 Post by BK Vissers » 23 Jun 2017 13:28

Ah, I see. I'm strictly a text editor and photoshop guy. No Blender. Than you for answering.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Jun 2017 10:36

I only used Blender to import sign models and export them for use at different companies using the Blender2SCS addon. Other than that, Blender is miles over my head. It's not so much that I can't learn it, I probably could if I could see it better. But there's the problem. The text is just too small, and if I make it large enough to read, it becomes unreadable because all you can see is part of the text.

I do use Jazzycat's Painted Truck Traffic mod, with about 50% of the skins replaced, and a highly customized real companies mod that is a combination of parts of several different mods, plus some stuff I made myself. It started with a real company mod from Satan19990, which I modified to change some of the companies to ones I was more familiar with, then I added some custom made models and other stuff by Faelandaea and Dombro. In the end, here's what I did to make my own company, more or less...

I decided that the Trameri building was my favorite almost immediately, as it had that old factory kind of feel about it, and I also did a little re-skin on the building.

[ external image ]

If you like you can download it Here. It will of course look different after you have made your own logos. All of the files you need to edit are in this archive (unedited) to make it part of your company.

Step 1:
Open def\company\company_name.sii.

Change:
name: "Trameri"

To:
name: "New Name"

Step 2:
Edit the company map logo image.
material\ui\company\small\trameri.dds

Step 3:
Edit the company logo located here.
material\logo\trameri.dds

Step 4:
If you are using vanilla trailers and not some mod that replaces them, edit the trailer skin located here. (I use Bora's excellent SCS Trailer Patch 1.4 mod...)
vehicle\trailer_eu\company\trameri.dds

Step 5: Edit the player logo located here.
material\player_logo\player_logo.dds

The next thing I did was edit a couple of Mercedes Actros MPIV's and some Krone trailers in Jazzycat's Painted Truck Traffic mod to be my company rigs. I like the ones in the vehicle\trailer_eu\cool_jns_tr, vehicle\trailer_eu\ekeri_j_tr, vehicle\trailer_eu\jumbo_j1_tr and vehicle\trailer_eu\kro4ax_tr folders because you can paint both sides of the trailer.

Then I take it all a step farther by editing the signs on top of the service buildings in Satan19990's real company mod, and I use a copy of an Interesting Garage I found that has signs on top of the small and large garages. Speaking of Blender, if anyone could open this mod up and delete those stupid speed limit signs in the driveway I would be most grateful! They are in almost every garage mod I have seen that's based on the Scandinavia DLC garages. (There are of course, no speed limit signs in the originals.) The small garage has some posters (for lack of a better descriptions) on the wall that have some odd stretching in them. If you experiment with them you can get whatever you put in them to look somewhat normal. There again, I wish I could delete those too, and the Scania trucks... But me and Blender don't get along all that well.

That's all I can think of at 3:30 AM... If I remember anything else I will add it later.

I hope this helps boost your realism...

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
DWVTLtd

#7 Post by DWVTLtd » 07 Jul 2017 12:01

Hi

It's been a long time since I've had hired drivers but have started a new experimwntal profile but I notice that I do not get the notifications of drivers bringing in money on the route planner, just the loan repayments. Is there some setting or change that has been introd in recent versions?

Thanks

-D-
whathellahor

#8 Post by whathellahor » 10 Jul 2017 07:27

whathellahor wrote: 23 Jun 2017 01:57 Hello Truckers!

I recently just bought the game and was really hooked up, like seriously. However, I am really curious how do we get the money from our driver. Is there a transaction log for my bank?

I always get notification when they deduct money from me due to bank loan but never get notified when the driver has earned money. Right now, my driver is making 3k per day and I really wish to know how do we know if our driver is actually earning money for me.

Thanks.
Hi sorry for late reply. I have noticed that it actually displayed the notification where drivers brings in income. I believe this only works on OFFLINE and not ets2MP.

To check, you go to driver manager and see the hours left on their job. For example, they will complete their current job in 3 hours [INGAME], you can wait for 3 hours [INGAME] and pay attention to the game as it will tell you the income they bring in. It might seem like they do not bring in any income as the job they are on can range from 10-40 hours, depends.

Hope it helps!
Flemming V
Global moderator

#9 Post by Flemming V » 10 Jul 2017 11:24

Unless it has been removed, I am sure you can see the last 10 hauls by each driver you have hired in Driver manager. (Replying to topic title)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”