Is world of trucks worth it ?

FlyingPigeon

Re: Is world of trucks worth it ?

#11 Post by FlyingPigeon » 11 Oct 2017 09:44

I only play wotr jobs also i get the statistics which i like, and the same time feel like i am part of something bigger, sounds lame i know but i like that felling, plus no need to rush as said above, theres time sightseeing and cool screenshots
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Ilmiont

#12 Post by Ilmiont » 11 Oct 2017 10:05

I generally do just externals now in ETS2, and usually in ATS too. Sometimes I take an ATS freight market job if I want to go greater than 65mph in Arizona/Nevada.

Effective this week, I intend to start driving 1,000 miles per week on WoTR job. I expect to then get all the WoTR achievements by end of 2018! Excluding the distance ones, just the "1000t in a week" and 50 photo favourites to go. If you want to help me out on that latter one, my completionist self would much appreciate it! 21/50 so far.

My reasons for doing WoTR jobs are basically same as stated by others... more time to explore the world without needing to get jobs done in tight in-game time, I personally enjoy the stats and WoTR jobs tend to offer many more cargoes than what's in the freight market, especially for the shorter distance trips I generally take. My one occasional issue with them is the real-time commitment... sometimes if I take a long job late on a Friday night, I end up having to complete it Saturday morning (I know, big deal, but I generally try to game only in afternoons/evenings). But I like it overall because it feels closer to doing a "real life" job when it's in real time, and I can take a longer route to the destination for map completion's sake!
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
KINGPINN

#13 Post by KINGPINN » 11 Oct 2017 10:29

I find the variety of the jobs and the job lengths are what appeal to me with the WoT's link. Also there are added Achievements that are fun to try and complete.

I prefer doing lots of short deliveries in a session, and the external contracts offer quite a few jobs that have a long expiry time giving lots of choice. I also find it useful when discovering the map as you can take detours to drive on roads you haven't touched yet without the risk of running out of time. The only disapointment is that you can't choose your trailer like with the Freight Market which is a shame, but minor really.

@PigBrother - "The stats might not be a plus, tho, because can be a harsh reminder you're a lifeless loser like me."

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, at least with this game you are actually achieving something, as opposed to people who literally just watch TV for this period of time with nothing to show for it! lol.
Last edited by KINGPINN on 12 Oct 2017 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jaikstheuggle

#14 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 12 Oct 2017 07:40

This topic is a blessing , i had been using WoTr before my mods era and enjoyed the no pressure type driving and going on about my own pace..urgent deliveries were never my thing. And the question if it worked with mods was also in the back of my head. Unfortunate however as i had been using mapmods as well on the second (Mod) Profile...so its not gonna work. On my Main Profile however , i can spin about i suppose. the reallife time settings suited me more.

Btw is a Mapmod removable without any issues , not breaking the profile saves? If i do that , i can do it with MODS that DO work ...
I have my Modsprofile set to what i like most...but i suppose i can do without the mapmods .
KINGPINN

#15 Post by KINGPINN » 12 Oct 2017 09:52

@Jaikstheuggle - I have removed pro mods from a save game and when I loaded the game, it just loaded the vanilla map. The added garages that are in the Promods map that were purchased and discovered roads that are no longer there had obviously gone. This was about a year ago, so I'm not 100% sure that it still works in this way. I don't use map mods anymore because I enjoy the flixiblity of the external contracts.
FlyingPigeon

#16 Post by FlyingPigeon » 12 Oct 2017 10:16

you cant do that i will leave errors in the log, once a map mod on the profile always a map mod on the profile.
Start a new one it will run better.
I have done this that i have my vanilla profile i have never touched with mods, then just copy the profile out to be multiple profiles that you then can modify.
Here a link to the decrypter you need to copy your profile: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103
Scandinavian truckdriver.
RomanBoldin

#17 Post by RomanBoldin » 12 Oct 2017 13:49

Hello, community! Playing Multiplayer I've got a problem. When I want to take external freight, I can see only 2-3 pages with it, but my friends see 5-6 and more. Where is my mistake? Solutions from multiplayer (sleep, service, garage, reset economy) didn't help at all. And I can't see external freights towards Scandinavia and cities of Viva la France DLC. Please help me. Best regards, Roman
Jaikstheuggle

#18 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 12 Oct 2017 13:58

@ KINGPINN @ Bocaj
Thanks both,
I initially removed Promods just like KINGPINN suggested and that worked, it may leave errors in the log (not come across any issues so far) But i`ll look into what you suggested
Sven63

#19 Post by Sven63 » 20 Nov 2017 19:04

Hello some ways do some of these work.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”