How much of a priority is VR in this game?

Duckers

How much of a priority is VR in this game?

#1 Post by Duckers » 09 Dec 2017 01:13

I would have loved to death to use htc vive in truckersMP, but i can't as it's (even after 2+ years) still in the beta branch. I even bought oculus rift DK2 to use with the game, but it was too unstable back then, and when i last tested it now with htc vive, it was playable when trying it in singleplayer.

Is there even a estimated date or even a year when we can expect it to be out of beta? Cause it's a must for us who wants to be fully immersed with the game and specially in MP aswell.
Rymy_Eetu

Re: How much of a priority is VR in this game?

#2 Post by Rymy_Eetu » 10 Dec 2017 10:34

Ok this answers to my question i haven't been able to play MP in ETS2. I am also using HTC Vive and beside Elite Dangerous i think ETS2 is at the moment best VR gaming what you can do.
IonutL

#3 Post by IonutL » 10 Dec 2017 16:00

Every patch of the vanilla game is updated to the VR beta in a couple of days after the official launch. So it's not a day 0 release, but you can still find help and support from SCS if you encounter problems using the VR branch.
While the number of players who use a VR device with ETS2 has increased, some time ago one of the devs said that the VR beta branch on Steam has less users than the oldest stable beta patch, so it is what it is.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 10 Dec 2017 16:02

Let's admit it, due to prices of "real VR" equipment (not talking about fake ones with smart phones), VR is not bloomed at all.

Select few uses it, I like SCS's support to VR but I personally don't think it should be on any priority list.
Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 10 Dec 2017 16:29

The "beta" status is a simple way to offer a different built of the game to the users which have VR. To take it out of Beta SCS would have to incorporate it into the standard built. If and why this is a technical problem I simply don't know.

I assume the existence of different builts for VR and standard is the real problem with MP. If truckersMP wanted to support VR, they could, beta or not. But the question is if the developers of truckersMP even have VR devices. If not, they probably can't test much.
Duckers

#6 Post by Duckers » 14 Dec 2017 21:09

Quote removed.

True, but VR would probably just be client side as it only affects the user using it.
Last edited by Flemming V on 15 Dec 2017 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
Lombra

#7 Post by Lombra » 19 Dec 2017 12:20

I've only tried it with cardboard VR, so I don't know how well it really works, but it seems like they've done most of the work. Simulators are perfect for VR, and I think SCS really needs to push this to release as soon as they can. VR should be a given for all flight and driving sims in my opinion.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”