Lowboy help

chrisagreat

Lowboy help

#1 Post by chrisagreat » 04 Jan 2018 02:45

Lowboys don't like me, or I don't understand how to drive with them. I say this because every time I'm at the top/bottom of an elevated on/off ramp, I get damage, or going up/down hills I'll get dings all along the way like the hill below. Am I not supposed to go speed limit? is there a trick for the arched/elevated sections of road? oh, I'm getting the damage from the est2 telemetry dashboard with format 1.234%... I get dings of .025 for almost every arch and multiple ~.001 along hill/decline stretches. So can ya'll tell me if it's speed related, and what speed to go and/or what driving techniques am I missing for lowboy transport? all these ding add up quick, and I can never seem to do a job with 0 damage on the end card. I'm 650km in on a 2000km run with the "radioactive container" below and already have 1.394% :(

lowboy going uphill at speed (90) -got about .006 damage coming up, plus the crest at the top will ding me again.- camera is from the top of the hill
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
LeafeonGold

Re: Lowboy help

#2 Post by LeafeonGold » 04 Jan 2018 07:09

Have you updated RJL's RS Mod? I believe an older version had collision bugs on 8xx chassis.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
chrisagreat

#3 Post by chrisagreat » 04 Jan 2018 15:43

LeafeonGold wrote: 04 Jan 2018 07:09 Have you updated RJL's RS Mod? I believe an older version had collision bugs on 8xx chassis.
Yuppers, I'm on 2.2.2. but the problem occurs no matter what truck I drive it seems, not just the rjl, or lowboy trailer I use, there are a few I've used. all cause me damage. which makes me think it's my driving/speed... by the end of that run I have pictured I had 3.5% damage, and it sucked going up/down hills and watching the dings occur when I'm just driving normally.
IonutL

#4 Post by IonutL » 04 Jan 2018 16:11

Just to be sure you are writing about damage to the trailer?
Are you using SCS map or map mods?
Either way, have you tried a vanilla truck and trailer combination? If nothing happens, preferably on the same route, then you should know at what you need to be careful.
I'm driving with no speed limit, only SCS's trucks and trailers, and i haven't got damage to the trailer just by driving on the road.
LeafeonGold

#5 Post by LeafeonGold » 04 Jan 2018 16:27

It's probably not the map doing it, if it happens with all trucks and trailers, check physics mods. Some physics mods tend to make the trailer move around more, which might make the trailer's collision box clip the truck.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
chrisagreat

#6 Post by chrisagreat » 04 Jan 2018 17:01

LeafeonGold wrote: 04 Jan 2018 16:27 It's probably not the map doing it, if it happens with all trucks and trailers, check physics mods. Some physics mods tend to make the trailer move around more, which might make the trailer's collision box clip the truck.
good call, I do have physics mods, I love the wiggly unstability. I'll bump up trailer stability on the next lowboy, it's at 0 right now.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”