Headlight offence at daytime

AoD_Lexandro

Re: Headlight offence at daytime

#11 Post by AoD_Lexandro » 18 Dec 2018 19:02

Running lights are not "day lights" and do not provide any usable lighting during the day. You have to use low-beams, not running lights.
Some newbie driver

#12 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Dec 2018 21:28

Rewqa wrote: 18 Dec 2018 18:18I know, but why, for example, the new Scania has led day lights then? The same as some other truck.
Those that you call "day lighs" are NOT dipped headlights.*

As far as I know, their purpose is only to cover the necessity (by law requirements on some countries) of a light active on the vehicle at any moment when driving. Since some years ago, all the new vehicles use LEDs as day lights because they are brighter, cheaper, less prone to fail, have less electrical consume and allow the designers to integrate them in "cool ways" on the vehicle body.

But the "lights off" fines are related to the dipped headlights turned off when their use is mandatory: tunnels, at night or when visibility will be low (heavy raining, fog, dust storm...). It doesn't matter that you have the daylighs on, you will be fined anyway (IRL as so in the game)

Regards

* I'm witting it well? Are they called "dipped lights"? I found it on an automatic translation, I don't know the word in English. In Spanish they are called "luces de cruce". They are the lights from the game activated by hitting 2 times the "lights cycle" button when starting at off position.
xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Dec 2018 21:41

they are called main beam or low beam light

_______

and DRL (Daytime Running Light) is not to illuminate the road in front of you (because they can illuminate anything so low power they are), they are just purely for visibility of the car (what is ridiculous in itself because you see the car in daylight anyway, so why using more light :roll: )
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#14 Post by Axel Slingerland » 18 Dec 2018 23:11

[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Hiro

#15 Post by Hiro » 19 Dec 2018 00:16

CARL1992 wrote: 18 Dec 2018 21:41 they are called main beam or low beam light
Main beams are "high", dipped beams are "low".
and DRL (Daytime Running Light) is not to illuminate the road in front of you (because they can illuminate anything so low power they are), they are just purely for visibility of the car (what is ridiculous in itself because you see the car in daylight anyway, so why using more light :roll: )
They aren't just for visibility, they are for conspicuity.
leemurdock

#16 Post by leemurdock » 10 Jul 2021 20:20

This should be changed, there is NO Federal Motor Carrier regulation that requires daytime headlamp usage. After all this is a Simulator!
supersobes
Global moderator

#17 Post by supersobes » 11 Jul 2021 01:07

Yes, you're correct, there is no FMCSR that requires the use of headlights in the daytime. But that only applies to the United States and to ATS. In ETS2, there are some European countries that require all vehicles to use their headlights at all times of the day.
Reignman

#18 Post by Reignman » 27 Jul 2021 09:09

I just started playing ETS2 and I was getting the headlight fines often in the morning, between 7-8, when it seemed like it was more than light enough outside. That was when I was doing "quick jobs" with company owned trucks where the lights are off by default. I would never remember to turn them on in the morning because like I said, it's light enough outside lol. I've since bought my own truck and just leave the lights on all the time, which is what I do in ATS too so I had never noticed the problem until now. Those $120-280 fines are painful when you're trying to save up for your first truck.
MrAbner

#19 Post by MrAbner » 27 Jul 2021 16:22

But when you are driving company trucks with Quick Jobs, does not your employer pay all fines?
Madkine
Global moderator

#20 Post by Madkine » 27 Jul 2021 21:57

No, you do. The company pays for fuel and maintenance.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Gameplay Questions”