One container on the flatbed

howey

Re: One container on the flatbed

#11 Post by howey » 21 May 2020 08:37

@55sixxx the reason for why the container is loaded in the center of the flatbed would be for weight distribution, just like on a skel (container trailer) 20ft containers are loaded in the center for weight distribution unless their empty. I haul containers on flatbeds whenever skels (container trailers) aren't available and set them up the same way I would on a skel so I know my axle and combination weights are legal.
N95JPL

#12 Post by N95JPL » 21 May 2020 08:44

@xXCARL1992Xx I totally agree, it would cause more problems than good, people reporting Bugs left right and centre because they wouldn’t read the Read Me etc.
I think the way the in-game vanilla is setup now is fine, I’m sure you’ve got more pressing matters to attend too!
N95JPL
GitHub
NARS

#13 Post by NARS » 21 May 2020 09:03

@xXCARL1992Xx Hey young man, take it easy, so much arrogance without any need for it... Use your head instead! ;)

3 steps...

1st - Load the default container(s) in blender and move it on the Z axis to match the position you want then export it under a diferent name!

2nd - Create the cargo def for that container(s) and point it to the trailer(s) you want it to be loaded!

3rd - DONE!! :mrgreen:

You don`t need to mess with the locators on the flatbeds and you don`t mess with the default SCS containers! ;)

Cheers! :lol:
xXCARL1992Xx

#14 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 May 2020 09:07

did you even read what i wrote ?

i DONT WANT TO change container/cargo models just so the trailer can use both container and flatbed cargo, because this would make the trailer incompatible with all container mods out there :roll:

and it isnt arrogance, i already though of all possibilities how to fix it, im not doing it just yesterday and for me the effort i have to put into it is not worth the result if i hinder other mods to use this trailer, like Arnooks container mod that will not work

and you "solution" would make the container float :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
NARS

#15 Post by NARS » 21 May 2020 09:10

What i said and i repeat is, you just need to add a specific container model for that purpose and if you do as i told you you will NEVER mess with anything else! I already did it yesterday in about 10 to 15 minutes... ;)

If the container is floating go to blender again and adjust it! Just DON`T mess with the locator on the trailers! This way you`re just creating a "different" container model for this purpose! Is it that hard?...

And if you want arnook`s container skins on your model you just need to do the same thing and include it (pmg/pmd/pmc) on your model under a different name! It`ll be exclusively for your flatbed! ;)
xXCARL1992Xx

#16 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 May 2020 09:34

:person_facepalming:

i dont have to do anything, Arnook would have to make his mod compatible and i wont make it for sure, this mod is meant to be used without much effort and updating needed, this is the reason i wont do it, i dont care if it took 10 to 15mins for you, for me it would be just 5 and i would be done with it

i WONT change any ingame cargo models. period, this mod will work out of the box with every SCS update and every other mod by just adding 3 def lines into cargos and i wont change it just o have a 20ft container on a 13m flatbed

and again, your solution would make the container float, the Z axis is hight not horizontal movement :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
N95JPL

#17 Post by N95JPL » 21 May 2020 11:44

@NARS - Wow. How incredibly rude. There is no need to talk to people in that manor, especially when the person you are referring too is someone like @xXCARL1992Xx, how goes above and beyond for the community. Take a rain check on this sub, I don't think your input is necessary or relevant since it's already been discussed and the reasons to why people disagree with you are clear, especially when you even get your Axis' mixed up.

Feel free to make the Mod yourself, if that's what you want - but do not insult someone else's intelligence, just because they said they don't want to do it. (With an excellent reasoning too)
N95JPL
GitHub
NARS

#18 Post by NARS » 22 May 2020 10:57

N95JPL

#19 Post by N95JPL » 22 May 2020 11:10

@NARS Well done.
N95JPL
GitHub
NARS

#20 Post by NARS » 22 May 2020 11:20

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 19 May 2020 17:23 i could add a 20ft container option to my b-double mod, but hauling 1 container on a 45ft flatbed looks kinda stupid, maybe, maybe not
https://youtu.be/2M5aex-6B-Q
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 21 May 2020 09:34 and again, your solution would make the container float, the Z axis is hight not horizontal movement :roll:
World View - Z axis - the model goes back and forward

Right and Left Views - X axis - the model goes back and forward

Top and Bottom Views - Y axis - the model goes back and forward

Front and Back Views - Z axis - the model goes back and forward

Return to “Gameplay Questions”