Fifth wheel wrong position on trucks?

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Fifth wheel wrong position on trucks?

#11 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Nov 2020 14:43

this is not to complicated, this is the way how it has to be, people cry about realism, then people like you come around the corner and want a change in model that doesnt exist to make it easy as possible, 5th wheel is fixed and not liftable, only lowdeck trucks might have a liftable 5th wheel and SCS should never touch them

they have to rework trailer handling and not make a further mess out of it they have to fix anyway in the future, down with the fenders and scrap the obsolet trailer coupling to a more realistic one, better yet rework the whole suspension on trucks to make it more real and not so stiff like it is

or else they shouldnt even bother fixing anything and let it be like it is now, unrealistic as possible
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

bumbumek

#12 Post by bumbumek » 01 Nov 2020 21:57

Now you demand too much from SCS ;) I still think it would be too much work for SCS. My solutions would be the fastest, and best possible to do.

I doubt, that people would moan about liftable 5th wheel. Why would they? Because it is "unrealistic"? Who said, that this game has to be realistic? ;)

xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Nov 2020 05:42

Then they shouldn't fix it at all, because like you said, "why should it be realistic ;) "

You hear SCS, dont bother fixing it if you cant do it the right way because the game "doesnt have to be realistic ;)"
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

bumbumek

#14 Post by bumbumek » 02 Nov 2020 09:51

You have mistaken categories - collisions between rear fenders and trailer is more like a unexceptable visual bug, rather than "realistic stuff". For example - personally I don't care how clutch is working in this game, but this thing you can call as "realistic stuff".

Bermudez

#15 Post by Bermudez » 18 Dec 2020 20:52

Hello SCS developers.
Can you give us any news about whether you are going to fix this bug at some point?

Best regards and Merry Christmas.

bumbumek

#16 Post by bumbumek » 19 Dec 2020 10:02

Yeah, good question :roll:

RoxyQuarry

#17 Post by RoxyQuarry » 19 Dec 2020 10:33

I think that SCS should make better Hit boxes, right now there is only a box like shaped hitbox, if you roll your truck you will notice that the fenders clip into the road, and if you manage to get your trailer standing at a 90 degree position you will notice that the rear of the cab doesn't have a proper hitbox. Also neither does the top of the chassis.

I don't know why this hasn't been done, making a proper hitbox isn't a "hard" task to do, SCS should be more than capable to do this.
hopefully SCS sees this.

Kind Regards and Merry Christmas,

xXCARL1992Xx

#18 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Dec 2020 10:51

because the "hitboxes" are not for the trailer but for interacting with the environment and AI, the trailer hight is hardcoded into the game and determined by the hook locator and nothing else, something screwed with the physics and now the trailer sinks further then it should (normally it shouldnt sink at all because we dont have an adjustable suspension), they have to rework the whole trailer handling anyway, the way it is done now it totally unrealistic, nobody would leave the trailer at ride hight and decouple it, it is always lifted up so everybody can go under it without damaging the trailer or 5th wheel

Max
SCS Software

#19 Post by Max » 03 Jan 2021 19:57

the issue is known a will be handled in future, hopefully.

unfortunately, @xXCARL1992Xx is quite close to the real issues. it is historical inaccuracy that is now baked in all trucks (and trailers). it is not easily solvable without breaking lot of other things (we tried).
when there will be some feature or redesign that will lead us to reiterate models of all trucks (and trailers) it will be ideal moment to include this fix as well. currently it would be just lot of work without real effect - minor visual glitch is incomparable to related behavior issues.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

bumbumek

#20 Post by bumbumek » 04 Jan 2021 09:29

Thank you for your reply. For you dear Max, this is maybe minor visual glitch, but for many of us this major visual glitch. So I guess you just forgot to say: "Prepare yourself to play with this bug for another year" 😔

I can read between the lines.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”