Question about mods.

JankoPL

Question about mods.

#1 Post by JankoPL » 13 Oct 2020 13:29

So few monts ago with help od Cip and Nebwie driver i have managed to run my ETS smooth. But now I have one question. I have few mods. Mostly created by me. In any delivery is it short or very long I have always one small but noticible stutter. It occures only and game is running smooth. My question - is it normal ? Game is loading something or what ? Below screen om my mods. I use load order from ours Forum so :

1) This is traffic. Simmple only increased number of cars and traffic data so it is first.
2) Gearbox - default gearbox only ratio is changed
3) Display computer from Oscar
4) Climate - only change is lower temperatures
5)- Barriers and sings. Barriers are invisible , sings are full visible

This is all. Mayby I,m doing something wrong ? What is Yours opinnion guys ?

With regards Janek.

Underscore_101_

Re: Question about mods.

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 13 Oct 2020 14:21

Since these are your own personal mods and therefor nobody in here has experience with them I suggest you have a look at the game.log.txt right after a stutter (I understand it's just one stutter on an entire job)

On a default win10 install you can find your game.log.txt here: C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2

Not sure if you can just pause the game, go to windows and have a look, or if you need to close the game first, but I'd try the first :-)

If you have the dev console enabled, just park the truck and open that, or if you want to have a live view of what's happening while playing open the dev console and type g_minicon 1

If you don't know how to access the dev console, open config.cfg and replace the "0" with a "1" in these lines:
uset g_developer "0"
uset g_console "0"

After that, when you're in the game, press the ~ key on your keyboard (this may vary, but by default it's the one i need to use on my keyboard in my language)
the dev console should pop up (do not do this while driving :-)

Hope this was of some help, if not i hope someone else can help you :-)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”