About teleport on game changes

Some newbie driver

About teleport on game changes

#1 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Nov 2020 17:51

Thinking about getting ready for the Iberia release, I had one doubt I cannot find the answer now.

When there's an update that could modify the map, the game teleport us to the nearest garage (or was to our assigned one, don't remember well) and cancels without penalty the job in progress if any.

But it happens the same when we add a new map DLC to the game? Logic says me it should happen the same but I don't remember what happened last time.

Anybody knows it for sure?

NARS

Re: About teleport on game changes

#2 Post by NARS » 26 Nov 2020 22:28

I´ll bet 99% sure that it will and if i`m not mistaken it happened to me with previews map DLC`s when installing them! But perhaps someone can give us the 100% sure about it...

LAFAYET47

#3 Post by LAFAYET47 » 26 Nov 2020 22:34

Yes it will reset.

Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Nov 2020 22:42

Thanks. I should be sure then to end my previous job near of my garage before activate the DLC

bobgrey1997

#5 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Nov 2020 00:25

I find this a bit odd...
To my knowledge, yes the game will reset your location to your assigned (not nearest) garage in the event of a change to the map, be it DLC or mod. However, I have recently installed a map mod for ATS, and my location was not reset upon activating. I got the whole "updating navigation" message on my loading screen when I first started the game after installing the map mod, but I found myself in my truck at a depot when I loaded up my profile.
Perhaps the game only resets your location if the map change involves the sector you are in?
ImageImage

Josh0

#6 Post by Josh0 » 27 Nov 2020 14:45

The game only resets your position to your home garage when there is a change to the game's economy, not necessarily with map changes. Most map changes include the addition or deletion of companies so the game economy gets affected as well, but certain map changes won't affect the economy (for example addition or deletion of: fuel stations, rest areas, roads, etc).

bobgrey1997 wrote:
27 Nov 2020 00:25
Perhaps the game only resets your location if the map change involves the sector you are in?
As far as I know it has no relation to your current position in the map.

bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Nov 2020 15:09

Huh. Makes me wonder what would happen if you are on the side of the road when you close the game, then add a mod which removes that road...
ImageImage

netshadoe

#8 Post by netshadoe » 27 Nov 2020 17:10

If you're into the 'persistence' of your world, you could always apply the DLC (or map update if your updaing a mod) after you finish a job.

Once the job is done, and you're teleported to your garage, just use the "goto" function in the console ("goto Paris" for example).
Then 'fly' your way back to where you were before the map update, and line up your camera near the ground where you'd like your truck to go, and press F9.

Voila...you're back where you were at the end of the last job with the updated map! :)

Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 27 Nov 2020 17:42

I don't understand why changes to the economy afford a such a rude job kill. You have the load, you got to deliver it to a specific company in a specific city. That math is very simple, and any delivery route can be recomputed, if the map changes. Even if there was a company removed from a city, there could be an alternative selected. Plus a message "check your email", explaining the change. Nothing what happens now looks like a real "must", to me.

The only change that convinces me would be a severe map change at the position where you left your truck. Maybe let you gonna fly. And for that, a "Want to try anyway?" option in the "something has changed, but we don't tell you what" message would do. :lol:

Please don't anybody take this as a rant. Rather calm and friendly. But after nearly 40 major updates, this could really be improved. I'm convinced that almost all resets I've had, in all these years, were complete and utter unnecessary. I hope for the best.

Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Nov 2020 17:53

netshadoe wrote:
27 Nov 2020 17:10
If you're into the 'persistence' of your world, you could always apply the DLC (or map update if your updaing a mod) after you finish a job.
That's not what worries me in that case. I'm trying to haul to and fro every yard and what I do is to link one delivery job to another forwarding one from the same yard to keep things simpler. So, that the game teleports me (already happened with 1.39, but that was expected) it's a pain in that case, specially if I'm far away from my garage, even if I'm not in an active job.

That's why I asked, to know if with the DLC should I had also to search for jobs near my base. I suspected that it will be like with an update, but ant to be sure.

Regards

Return to “Gameplay Questions”