Slippery when wet

Truckdrivr

Re: Slippery when wet

#11 Post by Truckdrivr » 06 Apr 2021 15:28

It cannot be a mod conflict as i dont play with mods either, and there is defenetly way to little grip on the asphalt when it rains, and that is what is not accurate and why i compare it to black ice because that the feeling I get.
I dont drive like Colin McRae either, as my name suggest trucks are my professionel life, so i know how to handle a truck and trailer and i know how it feels on the road in different weather conditions.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
cliff60

Re: Slippery when wet

#12 Post by cliff60 » 07 Apr 2021 00:08

think it depends on ur truck chassis as well.. I had no probs with 3 axels. but when i went back to 2 axels my truck now slides all over the road even when its not raining. Got rid of the 3 axels cause i wanted the V8 exhaust and that doesnt fit on the 3 axel chassis.
Take my foot of the throttel gentle braking for a corner and around i spin. Its worse when it raining but i get it all the time in the dry as well. Only mod i have is UI minimizer on my vanillla profile no other mods have ever been on it. It does the same in my Promods profile as well.
Its like driving on ice even in dry conditions. slider as far right as they can go so its not that.

I know from experiance how slippery roads get when its raining and for hrs after it stops raining. had my car spin out a few times going around corners while doing 10mph in rain. T boned another car that pulled out in front of me cause the rain made the roads like ice and i just slid into the other car with brakes locked up.

In the game when its raining slow down. The AI vehicles slow down when its raining so do as they do.
As in real life when its raining reduce speed.
Ive had 40 years of driving all sort of vehicle from civvi to military bikes cars trucks. wheeled and tracked. When it rains roads get slippery. Its the water in the rain getting on the oil in the tarmac making it like ice.
To much speed or braking too hard can cause u to spin or just slide with no control.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”