Restore last 5 minutes ??

doncraig

Restore last 5 minutes ??

#1 Post by doncraig » 18 May 2021 15:29

I continually miss turnoffs or over shoot them or take the wrong turn causing quite a large detour at times. Is there any way I can stop and go back a little bit in the program and have another go ?? I try a reverse but there is usually somebody driving close and when I reverse I hit them (sometimes they are that close I can't see them Without getting out the cab).
Any solutions please to going back a little in time ??
Doncraig
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Restore last 5 minutes ??

#2 Post by Madkine » 18 May 2021 22:32

Load an auto-save. **Does not work for WoT contracts.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
doncraig

#3 Post by doncraig » 19 May 2021 13:38

I don't know what that means so I will just leave it. Thanks for the reply.
doncraig
MrAbner

#4 Post by MrAbner » 19 May 2021 18:40

Hey @doncraig, it's not that difficult: After you pass your exit, press the Escape key to bring up the user interface. Press "Options". From there, select "Load/Save Game". Then "Load Game". You will see a check box labeled "Show Autosave" or some such thing. Click on that, then select the top-most choice for the latest save and load that. You will start standing still, with engine off, but there should be no traffic around, so you can get back up to speed.

Each Autosave shows the in-game date and time, as well as the actual date and time the save was made. If that save puts you back on the road already past your exit, do it again and pick the next earlier Autosave.

(Doing this from memory, but you should be able to figure it out if I have some minor details wrong.)

Hope that help.

-Alex

Minor edit: "Load/Save" button is on the main user interface, right next to the options button.
Last edited by MrAbner on 21 May 2021 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 20 May 2021 07:04

The game has optional key bindings for quicksave/quickload. I never used that, but maybe that is worth trying? Making it a habit to quicksave often?
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 20 May 2021 07:28

Show autosave does the trick, but this will not work if you are on online jobs, you can't go back to an earlier location

I have the same problem as OP if I am not paying attention
Usually I use the shoulder to let AI pass and reverse
If you have doubles or triples impossible to reverse with, disable AI traffic and you should have plenty of space to double back get on track again
Last edited by plykkegaard on 21 May 2021 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
doncraig

#7 Post by doncraig » 21 May 2021 18:08

Thanks for all the advice. I will try it the next time I need to reset. I think I will try Mr Abner tip first as it seems simple
MrAbner

#8 Post by MrAbner » 21 May 2021 18:33

Minor edit in my post — the "Load/Save" button is right on the main user interface next to the "Options" button. No need to go into "Options".

Hope that works for you. :)
doncraig

#9 Post by doncraig » 23 May 2021 16:34

Just to say a big thanks for the help guys.
I took a route from Carlisle to Newcastle and during the journey I hit the Esc key. I looked in Options but no joy. When I checked the toolbar again there was an icon for a "Load/Save" button and I used that and it worked.
Thanks again for the above post Mr Abner I finally caught up with you.
take care and stay safe
Don W

Return to “Gameplay Questions”