Realistic heavy traffic in big cities

brainiac

Realistic heavy traffic in big cities

#1 Post by brainiac » 23 Jun 2021 10:51

Hello!

It has been a long time I wasn't playing the game. Last time (more than a year ago) I found out that spawn frequency is the best possible, but the problem is that traffic is spawning only at a certain distance from the player. And I found the solution for which I believe is very easy to program (I am a programmer myself). These are parameters:
spawn_distance_forward: (a number)
spawn_distance_backward: (a number)
This will solve everything:
spawn_distance_forward[0]: (a number)
spawn_distance_backward[0]: (a number)
spawn_distance_forward[1]: (a number)
spawn_distance_backward[1]: (a number)
spawn_distance_forward[2]: (a number)
spawn_distance_backward[2]: (a number)
etc.

With current settings, I am very satisfied with traffic density on small roads because all those vehicles which spawn on the "spawn_distance_forward" distance must stop or slow down somewhere, e.g. crossroad or curve.
But, on the freeway, those vehicles don't have any obstacle which will force them to slow down and make traffic jam, like in Los Angeles. So, if I add another spawn point further, vehicles that spawn at "spawn_distance_forward[0]" distance must slow down to not hit vehicles spawned at "spawn_distance_forward[1]" distance. That still doesn't guarantee traffic jams, but if I add 3rd and 4th spawn points, there is no way to avoid congestion.

So can you guys, please, do this little correction?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=258124
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”