Idaho State Research Topic by Dave

rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

Re: Idaho State Research Topic by Dave

#11 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 07 Feb 2019 03:08

[place holder]

[US-20 goes here]
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#12 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 09 Sep 2019 01:28

[place holder]

[US-26 goes here]
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.

[ external image ]
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#13 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 09 Sep 2019 01:39

[place holder]

[US-12 goes here]

[ external image ]
EllieODaire

#14 Post by EllieODaire » 12 Sep 2019 22:04

Just drove through the 86/84 interchange the other day. Best I can tell they're rejiggering it so that 84 is the continuous road and traffic exits to 86, where previously 84 eastbound traffic had to exit US30/I-86 to continue east on 84 and westbound 84 traffic had to merge to one lane then merge onto the US30/I-86 right off way.

Now 84 will be continuous. Westbound 86 traffic will merge onto westbound 84, with a right exit for a flyover ramp to eastbound 84. Not sure yet how eastbound 84 traffic will get to eastbound 86, they haven't built anything for that purpose yet that I can see.

Best Guess so far:

[ external image ]

I'll let you know any changes next time I come through in a couple weeks.
supersobes
Global moderator

#15 Post by supersobes » 12 Sep 2019 23:19

If Idaho is indeed the next state to come to ATS, then it would very difficult for SCS to recreate the new version if this interchange before it is complete in real-life. I think that SCS would need to make it like it is now in Goole Maps, then when the construction is complete in real-life, they can update the interchange in a game patch.
Glutinous Rice

#16 Post by Glutinous Rice » 13 Sep 2019 13:42

Here is a document from the Idaho Transportation Department that shows how the junction will look: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/I8 ... xhibit.pdf.

It would probably be more efficient to re-create the new junction according to the renders so that they don't have to put in twice the amount of work on it. When it is completed in the real world, they would at most need to make some minor adjustments instead of rebuilding the whole junction.
EllieODaire

#17 Post by EllieODaire » 16 Sep 2019 06:50

According to that doc, the interchange is very close to being finished based on what I saw last week. They might have it done in another couple months.
angrybirdseller

#18 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 Sep 2019 01:00

More interesting interchange than trumpet interchange, and I sure road builders get bonus if they finish the project early. It would be easier to build that then mousetrap rebuild in Denver :lol:
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 20 Sep 2019 04:23

I'd have to agree with Glutinous Rice. No point of doing the work twice. I wouldn't expect Idaho until late Spring or early Summer of 2020. Winter could delay things but even still, I'd imagine putting the future junction in the game and be done with it. Even if they put the old junction in and construction is still going, we'd have it for a few weeks before SCS has to change it out. Interchanges that aren't too complex are built quicker than one may think.. Based on the render, by no means is that a complex intersection. Just build it per the Department of Transportation dwgs. Good looking out Ellie.

The renders explain the layout perfectly as there should be zero confusion. Signage isn't in place but that is a polish type thing and can be adjusted later. By the time Idaho does release, I am sure all that will be revealed. Based on the schedule, construction goes thru 2019. Add a few months for delays and that junction should be finished before Idaho is ready to release to the public.
joschac2

#20 Post by joschac2 » 11 Oct 2019 13:10

Or Scs can the the new/old Interchange with the construction

Return to “American Truck Simulator”