[REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

rbsanford

[REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

#1 Post by rbsanford » 10 Feb 2019 21:02

SCS has been getting better and better at accurately recreating cities, towns, road networks, and landscapes of the US. The original base map, California and Nevada, have hence lagged behind in quality, which has become more apparent recently with the beautiful renovation of Tonopah and its adjoining roads.

To kick this off, the junction of I-15 and I-40 in Barstow could be redesigned, and between them, to the east of the junction, East Main Street could be added for easier access between the highways and the inclusion of a new job site, probably a Walbert shopping center (Barstow Mall), which was the subject in the ATS research needed topic that led to the conception of this thread.

So what could be included or improved in California and Nevada to bring them up to current standards? Do you have an answer? Then you're in the right place.

Edit: I'm tacking Arizona on as well.
Last edited by supersobes on 23 Feb 2019 23:54, edited 2 times in total.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

Re: CA and NV public research and rework suggestions.

#2 Post by flight50 » 10 Feb 2019 22:29

Sweet deal. Thanks for making this. When I get more time later in the week I will add more of my 2 cents in considering I'd like to add visual map references. But for starters, I will go with the San Fran to Oak bridge. I know scale is a factor but that bridge kinda bothers me. I know in today's time, SCS can do a much better job. Oakland is pretty much none existent. I know coming off the bridge may be tough due to scale but just the Port in Oakland doesn't give much option for us really. A few more destinations would be great to have in Oakland. Sacramento is out of the way so a little expansion in Oakland could be possible I hope.

With ferries now a thing in Washington, I didn't realize all the activity in the bay area. Now what I don't know is are any of these route trucking ferries. Can anyone confirm?

[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#3 Post by angrybirdseller » 11 Feb 2019 02:40

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Reroute AZ89 and use AZ 69 its straighter and safer
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 11 Feb 2019 03:45

@angrgybirdsellar. You mind being descriptive on the pics without verbiage. Stating exactly what it is you are wanting. Not everyone will understand your intent with just arrows pointing everywhere. The more descriptive the better the chance of SCS understanding what it is you want. The goal is the leave assumption out of the equation. Saying exactly what it is we want is more powerful.
angrybirdseller

#5 Post by angrybirdseller » 11 Feb 2019 04:23

CA-99 and CA 58 is freeway to freeway connection going east to I-40 with rescale Bakersfield should be redone. With El Centro I-8 and CA 111 interchange replace diamond interchange with cloverleaf. Arrows point to the routing.

I-8 and CA 111 interchange should be redone as CA 111 narrows from four lanes to two in ATS in real life cloverleaf.

Just AZ 89 is inaccurate in Camp Verde should be AZ 260, but better just remove AZ 260 and use AZ 69 with connection to AZ 89 bypass. Its straighter and safer road, but i don't expect it to be done just more wish list one.
Wyoming22

#6 Post by Wyoming22 » 11 Feb 2019 16:48

My biggest gripe with the old parts of Nevada and California is the lack of inner shoulders on the freeways. It looks unrealistic and unlike any real interstate when the yellow line is literally up against the dirt. If any one thing could be changed, I would want it to be that.
Unknown#

#7 Post by Unknown# » 11 Feb 2019 17:12

One shortcut in Arizona I would love to see in the game is Arizona State Highway 260, which connects Camp Verde to Show Low. So instead of using U.S 60, you can use the alternative instead.

[ external image ]

Edit (05/31/19): Image has been updated so it can be more clearer than it was before.
Last edited by Unknown# on 31 May 2019 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
rbsanford

#8 Post by rbsanford » 11 Feb 2019 17:25

Wyoming22 wrote: 11 Feb 2019 16:48 My biggest gripe with the old parts of Nevada and California is the lack of inner shoulders on the freeways. It looks unrealistic and unlike any real interstate when the yellow line is literally up against the dirt. If any one thing could be changed, I would want it to be that.
Not only is it unrealistic, it's also dangerous. Once on Donner Pass I was I the left lane and understeered. Without a shoulder to give room to correct, I hit the barrier, went airborne, and landed on my side.

Handy maps and diagrams.

flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 11 Feb 2019 18:11

@Pangonia2000. I can work with that route. It seems nice and scenic and gives SCS a chance to spice up Arizona a bit more with some of their new road building techniques. Not a necessary need right now but I can see it getting added as Arizona refresher. Nothing wrong with added more roads. Especially some of the back roads in these wide open spaces in the West. It helps out the new detours feature in the long run.
rbsanford

#10 Post by rbsanford » 11 Feb 2019 20:48

Also making the detour feature shine, the rest of CA 99 would be welcome, or at least the portion between Sacramento and its northern terminus at Red Bluff south of Redding. What would also be fantastic is improved terrain and scenery in the Sacramento Valley to make it a bit more open and include the Sutter Buttes.

While on the topic of NorCal, a complete and realigned CA 299 between Redding and Canby would be excellent.

Handy maps and diagrams.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”