[REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Keeper

Re: [REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars (updated 9 Oct 18)

#191 Post by Keeper » 17 Apr 2019 19:13

If it isn't a mod-killing issue, I'll leave it be for now. I haven't even played the game in several months.

yaumeister

#192 Post by yaumeister » 17 Apr 2019 22:00

I too haven't played in nearly a year but just started coming back to it with the release of the new States.

I'm not using this mod at the mo but have seen the traffic.f_expl_d_m error when using GTM emergency vehicle flare mod (which haven't been updated in a while either). This is due to a new vehicle which SCS has added, to fix you will have to edit the /def/vehicle/ai/ford_explorer_police.sii file and add the following.

@m1key, if you use GTM flare mod and also Real Sound files by cip, you may likely see a lot of errors with the arrow_xt, in that case you have to add the new GTM fire engines into the arrow_xt.sii file of the sound mod, same principle applies as below.

Hope this helps!

Code: Select all

traffic_vehicle : traffic.f_expl_d_m
{
	accessories[]: .f_expl_d_m.chassis
	accessories[]: .f_expl_d_m.fwheel
	accessories[]: .f_expl_d_m.rwheel

max_speed: 160

lod_dist[]: 53
	lod_dist[]: 70

vehicle_mass: 2250

variant[]: traffic.f_expl_aqpd
    variant[]: traffic.f_expl_aqpd1
    variant[]: traffic.f_expl_aqpd2
    variant[]: traffic.f_expl_ppd

spawn_ratio: 0.0

@include "drivers_police.sui"

}

vehicle_accessory: .f_expl_d_m.chassis
{
	data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai/ford_explorer/default_h_patrol.sii"
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_d_m.fwheel
{
	offset: 0
	data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/front_20in_p.sii"
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_d_m.rwheel
{
	data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai_wheel/rear_20in_p.sii"

Keeper

#193 Post by Keeper » 19 Apr 2019 00:53

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, this mod already uses the variant names "traffic.f_expl_aqpd1" and "traffic.f_expl_aqpd2" which SCS now has added to their own new vehicle. So for the mod, just updated on the Workshop, I've chosen to remove those two variants from the new car. (The mod could not be uploaded otherwise!) It'll still have its base "aqpd" and "ppd" variants, so the new car SCS added will be seen -- just not with all its variations, because our own variations of a different vehicle shared those names. If someone wants to edit the models in the mod so the variants have different names, I'd be delighted (likewise if someone can fix them so the lights work again!).

yaumeister

#194 Post by yaumeister » 09 Jul 2019 23:25

Hi Keeper, you probably already aware of these bugs, but thought I would just highlight it.

With the WA DLC release they have added more Explorer variants, so will need to include in /def/vehicle/ai/ford_explorer_police.sii.

00:00:34.331 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/washington/traffic.sii':
00:00:34.331 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.75a.7c90' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.f_expl_wa_se') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:00:34.331 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/washington/traffic.sii':
00:00:34.331 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.f_expl_wa_se' looks like dangling pointer.
00:00:34.331 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.75a.7d80' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.f_expl_wa_ol') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:00:34.331 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.f_expl_wa_ol' looks like dangling pointer.
Extract of the section you need.

#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Olympia Municipal Police XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

traffic_vehicle : traffic.f_expl_wa_ol
{
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_ol.chassis
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_ol.fwheel
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_ol.rwheel

spawn_condition[]: .traffic.f_expl_wa_ol.olympia.condition.city

}

vehicle_accessory: .f_expl_wa_ol.chassis
{
	data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai/ford_explorer/wa_o_patrol.sii"
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_wa_ol.fwheel
{
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_wa_ol.rwheel
{
}

traffic_spawn_condition: .traffic.f_expl_wa_ol.olympia.condition.city
{
	# spawn only near city with name equal to traffic vehicle name suffix
	type: city
    str_param[]: "olympia"
}

#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Seattle Municipal Police XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

traffic_vehicle : traffic.f_expl_wa_se
{
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_se.chassis
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_se.fwheel
	accessories[]: .f_expl_wa_se.rwheel

spawn_condition[]: .traffic.f_expl_wa_se.seattle.condition.city

}

vehicle_accessory: .f_expl_wa_se.chassis
{
	data_path: "/def/vehicle/ai/ford_explorer/wa_s_patrol.sii"
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_wa_se.fwheel
{
}

vehicle_wheel_accessory: .f_expl_wa_se.rwheel
{
}

traffic_spawn_condition: .traffic.f_expl_wa_se.seattle.condition.city
{
	# spawn only near city with name equal to traffic vehicle name suffix
	type: city
    str_param[]: "seattle"
}
Also the PMG incorrect errors, these can be corrected with the built in conversion.

Finally a suggestion, rather than replacing the default traffic_storage_police/police_hp.sii files, you can just add "keeper1st" (or similar), so rename them to traffic_storage_police.keeper1st.sii for example, and just include your additional cars in. I have tested this and works just fine. Avoid potential issues if SCS decides to add more default police models.

Here's my fixed version for your reference.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/je0qw4okl3kjm ... l.zip?dl=0

Keeper

#195 Post by Keeper » 10 Jul 2019 16:41

Thanks for the heads-up. Haven't played the game in quite a while. I thought the models were fixed when I re-uploaded in June. It said it was updating them anyway... I wasn't aware that the storage files also could have a unique tag, so we'll have to do that then. Now, if only someone could fix the flashing lights on the models. I've given up on trying to learn Blender.

My previous post about the mod having models with the same name for AQPD was in error. We've not added anything for New Mexico; those entries actually were part of the fix I had put in for the mistake SCS had made that was causing Albuquerque Police to spawn everywhere. That Ford Explorer file with the added Olympia variant actually was one of the SCS original files I had replaced in the mod to fix their bug. Now that they've fixed that bug, I'll remove the file entirely from the mod. I missed removing that file when getting rid of my own bugfix last month.

KrysEmlyn

Re: [REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars

#197 Post by KrysEmlyn » 13 Jul 2020 12:45

This particular mod is no longer updated and has been superseded by this one on the Steam Workshop: Municipal Police Traffic Pack.

Return to “Traffic”